What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: Jamal Akhter - Curriculum Vitae
Select a size
Name: SYED JAMAL AKHTAR
Date of Birth: 02-02-1945
Education: B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering: (1969) University of Engineering &
Technology, Dacca- (Bangladesh).
Membership/Regd No: Pakistan Engineering Council / Elec. 4456
Contact No: 0-321-894-496-6
A professional E&I Engineer with a career spanning more than 25 years in the field of construction Projects:
Thermal Power Plant Combined Cycle, 500 KV GIS & 132 KV GIS Substations, Medium Voltage Switchgear. Instrumentation works in Gas and Oil Field Projects, Boilers, Cathodic Protections etc.
Capable to manage / organize day to day construction supervision activities, monitor / track project progress,attend cross-functional meetings, actively liaise with clients and other authorities.
Able to create and foster the concept of team work through strong leadership, act decisively and initiate bottoms up schedules to meet the deadlines set forth.
ESS-I-AAR Architecture Engineers & Consultants, Karachi. (Sep' 2013 To Present)
- Electrical design review.
- Site Visit, Progress reporting.
Al Jazirah Engineers & Consultants, Riyadh. (Sep' 2004 To March 2013)
Tabouk Power Plant- Saudi Arabia. 13.8 KV Siemens Gas Turbine Comprising
- Step Up Transformer 115 MVA & Unit Auxiliary Transformer 4016kv, 10 MVA.
- Medium Voltage Switchgears (4.16 KV).
- Fuel Oil Unloading Station.
- Fuel Oil Treatment Plant. & heater skids.
- Cathodic Protection of Oil Tanks.
- HVAC, Street Lighting System, Sub-Station Lighting System.
- 132 KV GIS Bays and associated Protection & Control Panels at Banisar CPS S/S- Al-Baha Saudia Arabia.
- 132/33 KV Substation Switchyard, Power Transformer, associated Switchgear, Control and Protection
- Erection 132/KV Capacitor Bank.
2. Azmi Abdullahadi & Abdulla Al Moaibed Consulting Engineering Co. KSA. (Feb-Jul' 2004)
(Site Engineer Switchgear)
- SEC-WR's extension project Substation (110/13.8 KV) along with associated switchgears, power transformer, control and protection equipments. Other miscellaneous works include Fire alarm system, Lighting & Grounding system. The above works primarily include tests & commissioning of switchgears, transformers, busbar, interlocking, alarm & indications.
3. Power Line Project Company Karachi (2000-2001)
Engro Chemical Pak Ltd. (NPK Plant).
Instrumentation works of process equipments.
Procter & Gamble Industry Karachi:
Equipments layout MCC room, Cable tray routing, 11 KV/.4KV indoor sub-station.
British Petroleum (Mazari oil field):
E & I Works at Gas Compressor skid, Separator skid, Glycol skid etc. complete calibration & test record of all Instruments, Tubing works, Pneumatic Connection, Loop Test etc.
4. HABIBULLAH COASTAL POWER (PVT) LTD. (May 97 to Dec 99)
(E & I Engr.)
140 MW Combined cycle Power Plant: 3 G.E Gas Turbine + One Mitsibushi steam Turbine
132 KV Outdoor Switchyard double busbar (tubular) four bays covers the erection of gantry towers, suspension insulator, rotary isolator, ckt breakers, CTs, earthing switches, line trap & capacitor etc. on a portal type structure.
Primary & secondary earthing system, Substation lightening.
Complete assembly on site of power transformer 45 MVA, (4#), insulated phase bus (11KV), Generator breaker switchgear, MCC. Complete Testing and Commissioning of the above.
Install of MV breaker (6KV) cubicle & all related equipments as stated above in addition with earth fault CT (Toroid), interface wiring and a combined relay protection unit.
Supervising the Instrumentation work of auxiliary units like heat recovery steam generator (HRSG), Demin Plant, Start up boiler, Steam turbine, air condenser, Gas compressor, oil separator, and screening plant.
5. ISHIKAWAJIMA-HARIMA HEAVY INDUSTRIES CO. (May 1996 To January 1997)
HUB Power Project 4 x 323 MW Steam turbine.
Supervising the Instrumentation works in Boilers and Utility areas like Desalination Plant, Demin Plant, screening unit.
Procurement and QA/QC documentation.
Cathodic Protection of Fuel Oil Tank & Pipe Line.
6. ZELIN (PVT) LTD. KARACHI. (From 1994 To 1995)
HUB Power Project 4 x 323 MW:
Erection of startup transformer and unit transformer.
Install power transformer 350 MVA & construction of IPB (Insolated Phase Bus).
Fabrication and installation of tray and tray supports of the whole plant area.
Cable route management (underground, duct, overhead pipe rack).
I & C work of screening plant, Chlorination plant, Desal plant including cathodic protection.
6. OMAN NATIONAL ELECTRIC CO. OMAN. (From 1990 To 1993)
Ministry of Electricity & water projects:
Diesel Power Plant 2 MVA and its associated LV Switch Gears.
Erection of 33 KV Ring Main Unit.
LV distribution network distribution transformer up to 500 KVA and service connections.
Petroleum Development Oman LLC:
Construction of 6.6 KV Switch Gear panels, terminations, tests and pre-commissioning.
Construction of the Oil Gathering Station facilities: E & I works, cathodic protections.
Cathodic protection of Gathering Station.
JAPEX OIL FIEL PROJECTS: Daleel Oil Field
Construction of the Oil Gathering Station, E & I works.
LV switchgears, Underground distribution network, area lighting and earthing system.
Cathodic protection of tanks, vessels and pipelines.
7. SAUDI SERVICES & OPERATION CO. RIYADH (From 1985 to 1986)
(Head of Power System)
Maintenance of Industrial Port covering underground Power Cable Network, 33 KV Sub Station, Area Lighting and other utilities.
8. ELECTRICITY CORPORATION, RIYADH. (From 1980 to 1982)
(Project Engineer Rural Electrification)
Power Distribution Network, Package Substation, and Ring main unit.
Erection 33 KV sub transmission line single circuit/double circuit in the Qasim area & Al Buraydah area.
9. MACHINE SAZI PARS, IRAN (From 1977 to 1979)
Erection and Commissioning of Overhead Cranes and LV conductor system.
10. PACKAGES LTD. LAHORE, PAKISTAN. (From 1977 to 1979)
Study and maintenance of 11 KV circuit breaker, Lt Distribution transformer and network in the power house.
11 KV, 6 Mw generator protection, exciter and de-excitation, frequency control, converter, station batteries etc.
Maintenance of DC variable speed drive motors, slip ring motors, squirrel cage, and commutator ac motors.
C room, Cable tray routing, 11 KV/.4KV indoor sub-station.
5. ISHIKAWAJIMA-HARIMA HEAVY I