What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: applebee's
Select a size
By: Yvonne Aguirre
Applebee's intention is to increase franchise ownership by selling the majority of company-operated Applebee's restaurants to interested franchisees over the next several years. DineEquity is focused on improving the same-store sales performance and re-energizing the brand performance.
APPLEBEE'S TREND CAP Rate 2015 avg: 6.15%
2016 avg: 5.51%
RECENT SALES Kansas City, MO
$3,617,000 | 5.80%
Delray Beach, FL
$2,525,000 | 5.50%
http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:DIN Google Finance: DIN
http://www.google.com/finance/company_news?q=NYSE:DIN Google News: DIN
SWOT Analysis of Applebee’s
1. A wide location base of almost 2000 restaurants 2. A comprehensive and reasonably priced menu 3. Innovative R&D department e.g. ‘Tableside Tablet Initiative’ 4. Low capital investment through 99% franchised restaurant base
5. Better management of advertising, brand management, R&D and strategy under the franchisee setup
1. Limited menu for vegetarians 2. Little scope of micro-management 3. Tough to monitor quality due to franchisee setup and limited geographic presence
1. ‘Clubbing at Bee’s’ for 20s – 30s age group 2. Rise in beverage demand with higher margins 3. Movement towards low-calorie food items
1. Recent vegan movement in USA 2. Family based casual diners reaction to Club Applebee’s (late night bar setup) 3. Increased competition from local other casual dining chains and independent restaurants
1. T.G.I. Fridays 2. Chili’s and Buffalo Wild Wings 3. Ruby Tuesday
Applebee’s Franchise Cost & Fees
Date of Incorporation: 1980 Franchising Since: 1983 Headquarters: Kansas City, Missouri
Applebee's Franchising LLC is the franchisor. The franchisor offers franchises for restaurants utilizing the service marks Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar and Applebee's Grill and specializing in the sale of uniform, high quality, moderately priced food and alcoholic beverages in a distinctive, casual setting.
The franchisee will operate sit-down, table service restaurants, including the service of food and alcoholic beverages, under the trade name of Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar.
Applebee’s Franchising LLC does not offer direct or indirect financing, nor does it guarantee the franchisee’s note, lease or obligation.
Name of Fee
Initial Organizational and Training Expenses (incorporation, legal and accounting fees, training, site location and miscellaneous expenses)
Purchase of Land
Building Costs (purchase, construction, remodeling, etc.)
Permits/Fees (See below for Liquor License)
Furniture, Fixtures, Equipment and Signage
Point Of Sale System
Smallwares (dishes, silverware, other utensils, etc.)
Pre-Opening Expenses (insurance, legal, accounting, personnel and training expenses)
Initial Franchise Fee
Initial Advertising Expense
Apple Supply Chain Co-op Stock Purchase
Additional Funds - 3 Months
Applebee’s will turn over its Instagram feed to its customers for the next 12 months, any pictures uploaded after that using the hashtag #Applebees or #Fantographer could be reposted by the chain.