What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: Character Reference Guide - MC Southport
Select a size
Character Reference Guide
A guideline as to what should be included in a reference is as follows:-
1. Your full name and occupation;
2. A brief paragraph setting out your own background;
3. Details of how long you have known the person and under what circumstances;
4. The fact that you are aware of the charge(s), the nature of the charge and the requirement to appear in Court;
5. Any additional comments you can make about the person and the circumstances under which they have dealt with you which allow you to make comments about their character; and
6. Details of any other positive attributes you feel the person has - including any community contributions made, if any.
7. You should ensure the reference is signed and dated.
• The reference should be addressed to:-
The Presiding Magistrate
Southport Magistrates Court
• The reference should not normally extend beyond one page.
• The reference should be formulated in your own words.
• It is preferable that the reference is typed or if this is not possible in clear, legible hand writing.
Should you have any queries regarding preparation of the reference please do not hesitate to contact us.