What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: sustainability in tourism
Select a size
Sustainability Baseline (Review & action plan)
You should write 2 stages of a sustainability Management system for a hotel or tourism business (Baseline review: situation analysis) & an action plan
1) Company of our choice: Hotel in West Indies
Business case taking responsibility in order to develop its sustainability management systems :characteristics of the business (one paragraph or bullet points)
family business or shareholders?
In which place we are located?
Whats the visitability per year ?
What is the high season & law season?
What are the customers?( type, origin, target age)
What alternative the hotel provides(activities, transportation…)
The assignment below is based on the case of Montpelier Plantation Hotel that is located in Nevis, which is a British virgin island in West indies in Caribbean. The hotel has historical importance as its main trait is the sugar mill and plantation that has attracted people from royal societies such as Sir Hans Sloane, the royal secretary of England. It has also consisted the marriage place for many royal families such as the Lord Horatio Nelson and Frances Nisbet. Since 1960 this place has been operating as a hotel. Nowadays it is ruined by family Hoffmann and operates the most awarded restaurants of Nevis island.
Some important info about the Hotel Montpelier Plantation and beach:
Location: Gingerland, St, Kitts & Nevis
Design: Traditional & Tropical, Cottage style buildings with
No. of rooms: 19
16 premier rooms (10 garden view rooms 535 sq. feet & 6 Ocean view rooms540 sq. feet)
(3 suites (790 sq. feet)
2) review of the impsacts of the hotel on the environment
How the impacts are determined? - references & arguments (Impacts caused of the hotel above: Positive & negative economic/social /environmental impacts that the tourism industry is responsible for)
3) Significance of the impacts( categorization-prioritize)
4) provide a detailed phased action plan (costs & savings) emphasis on the implementation of the environmental policy statement
5) how the action plan will be implemented? (realistic goals, clear and cover & manage each of the prioritized impacts
6) develop a communication strategy (internal& external) ( to communicate with stakeholders & suppliers & find a policy eg. not to use a lot plastic , how to use the towels, water , aircontitioning etc
7) Critical measures for success for the action plan & how can be measured
8) risks by implementing the action plan . HOW these can be mitigated? Plan B
9)REFERENCES& MANUAL SOURCES TO BE USED & prevented
(Management & marketing methods)
(Principles of corporate social reporting)