What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: ET Report
Select a size
Toby & James 10E
1. Situation of the problem: One day, our ET teacher gave us an interesting topic, which was about the paper plane. How to build the paper plane which can fly over the 15 meters long. Therefore, two students used their knowledge leant at their young and search some information from the internet to finish this task.
2. Statement of the problem: What kinds of design can make the paper plane fly over 15 meters.
3. Research: First plane, it was designed by ourselves, so we didn’t use internet to research. Second plane, we did use the internet. We found the sky king, which can fly for 27.9 seconds. From the website: http://baike.sogou.com/v54209367.htm
4. Materials (life cycle): Two planes were both made of papers.
Life cycle: The paper we used at first was from the notebook which has been used to make our first plane. After we found the first plane cannot reach our purpose, and it was also broken. We recycled it to make some notes and so on. The second plane was made of A4 paper which was new. After we tested our second plane was successful and its head was also broken. Then we throw it away.
6. Build and test: We spent two days testing our two kinds of planes’ qualities. First day, we built our first plane quickly because Toby learnt this kind of plane in his primary school. We chose the paper from the notebook whose size is A4 paper. The test cost rest of class. We went to the place where there was wind to assist the flying of plane. First, we used the feet to estimate the distance of 15 meters. One people stood the ending point of 15 meters, another people flew the plane at the starting point. The people at the ending point accounted the real distance which the plane flew. And the distance which the first plane flew was about 8 meters, so it was unqualified.
The second plane was learnt from the internet, which is Sky Kind. And we combine the advantage of the first plane and the advantage of the plane. The reason why Sky Kind can fly a long distance is its core is at the head of plane and its wings are short and wide but our first plane’s wings were so long and narrows resulting that it can’t fly through the power of wind. Overall, our second plane was composed of the advantages which are short and wide wings and the core are at the head of plane. The second test was still in progress at the same place and did the same thing as the first time, which was that one person stood at the beginning point flew the plane and another person stood at the ending point accounted the distance the plane flew. The second plane could fly over about 20 meters long after improving.
7. Evaluate and redesign: During the flight of the second plane, it showed me the excellent quality. It could rise because of the wind, but the first plane couldn’t do it. The evaluation to my second plane is excellent. About the redesign, I think I can improve the quality of the paper. Because during the process of building two kinds of planes, the papers were not flexible enough to fold leading to some problems which would reduce the performance of the plane such as some creases and the wrong middle lines.