What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: Wind Energy System(2)
Select a size
Part I : Question
We try to design and build a wind energy system ( renewable ) that can reach and sustain the highest possible voltage.
Part II : Research
REAL LIFE EXAPLE:
On the way to Turpan from Urumchi ,go along the south ,on both sides of the road leading to the important city in Silk Road which named Daban .more than hundred of wind energy generation stand there straightly into the sky ,the fan’s blade is spinning without stop in the wind Against the blue sky and white clouds ,built a magnificent country of windmills which under the Mount Bogda’s barrier and over the vast plains .Here is the largest wind power base in China - Xinjiang Daban wind power plant .
Base on this real life example ,my group of three want to try our best to build a model ,we will start to design base on the information we found on the internet .Here is the website:
1. We need to use the materials which surface are difficult to broken, and also try our best to use original materials to make it.
2. Makes wind turbine can turn on by itself.
3. Use recycling materials and design dimensions no larger 65cm x 60cm x 80cm ( l x w x h ) and no heavier than 2kg.
4. Utilize wind energy to generate high electricity that we can do
1. We may meet some problems like in bad weather of some days (rainy, windless or others), we cannot do our experiment outside. And it will delay our plan.
2. The efficiency of alternator may not very high, and cannot make high electricity.
3. The wire may have contact problems.
4. The wind turbine cannot turn.
As we know, all of our classmates must join The Field Day in the future to test our model ,so it is mean that we need to find a good material which are difficult to damage .For our high standard ,we think of 2 kinds of materials: wood, and plastic .
Our first choice is wood, we think wood is the most hard material, but it also have some disadvantages, maybe the blade are too heavy that wind cannot move the blade or the wind don’t have enough energy to move it ,there will cause some problems, the most important is wood are difficult to cut, if you don’t have a tool ,it will be a very big challenge to us. The second one is plastic ,it is lighter than wood,and also easier to cut . So we fancy this one .
Number of blades: 3
Length of each blades: 25 cm
Width Of each blades: 5 cm
The bottom is a oblate cuboid, and the blades are airfoil-shaded
INTERESTING IEADS :
1. Use wind turbine and connect with some electric toy cars in order to make cars move.
2. Use wind energy to charge our mobile phones.
3. Use wind energy to make colorful light bulbs lighting, and use it to decorate other things.
4. Drawing some interesting pictures on our model.