What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: journal1
Select a size
Internet Scavenger Hunt Name:
Try to find as many answers as you can. Answer the questions at the end quiz also. Upload to docs.com at the end of class into your "ET" collection. Quiz on Thursday (10F)/ Friday (10B and 10E)
Rules: No copying directly from the website and no talking with your neighbors about the answers.
Answer and source (website link)
1. In what year did the SCP program begin?
2. What are the ingredients to make pancakes?
Flours, pork, soy, green onionhttp://www.meishij.net/zuofa/baobing_2.html
3. How do you make pancakes?
4. What is the translation for pancakes in French, Spanish and German?
Crepe, Pfannkuchen ,panqueque
5. What is the meaning of the slang word, "lit"?
Let something shining
6. Do penguins have fur or feathers?
7. Are penguins birds or mammals?
8. What is the postal code for the University of Alberta?
T6G 2E1 https//teiba.baidu.com
9. In what year were women allowed to vote in the UK?
10. Find a picture of one of your Canadian teachers using the Bing images search.
11. Where is Mr. Antik Dey from in Canada?
12. On what street is 'Revolver' coffee in Canada?
13. How many Chinese students study in K-12 schools in BC in 2014?
14. Which phone app is mentioned in the song "#SELFIE"? Which filters does she choose from?
Xx pro Valencia
15. What is the meaning of this idiom, "Avaler des couleuvres"?
Bear the disgrace
16. What is the meaning of this idiom, " 똥 묻은 개가 겨 묻은 개 나무란다 "?
17. What is the meaning of this idiom, "las manos en el fuego"?
18. What is the average yearly temperature in Seattle, Washington?
19. Why is the symbol for lead called "Pb"?
20. Use baidu.translate.com and google.translate.cn to translate the sentences in 15, 16 and 17. Put the results to the right.
After thought questions:
1) Which search engine did you use? Did you ever try searching from different websites? baidu ， no
2) Did you notice some websites say "http://www." and some websites say "https:/www."? What is the difference between http and https? Why would this be important to notice?
The way of connection are different
3) Go the following websites:
a) What types of websites are these?
Social net and research
b) If you had to choose one of these websites for a science research paper, which would you choose?
c) If you had to choose one of these websites to read for your amusement, which would you choose?
d) One of the websites above is a "joke" website, which one is it? How do you know?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ because I think so
4) Go to the following websites which are about globalization:
http://cn.bing.com/academic/profile?id=e0b4f4775e790f63a48ace9efe06ba5d&encoded=0&v=paper_preview&mkt=zh-cn# (PDF link on the right on this page)
a) Which website(s) would you use to argue the overall affect of globalization?
b) Which website(s) would you use to argue the negative effects of globalization?
c) Which website(s) would you use to argue the positive effects of globalization?
d) Which would websites would you prefer to use for a research paper and why?
5) Try listing the following types of writing from most biased/more emotional to least biased/less emotional: scientific journal, persuasive essay, personal blog, advertisement, research paper, interview, news articlely from the website and no talking with your neighbors about the answers.
d) Which would websites would you prefer t