What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: PCAG17-05-15
Select a size
Thakeham Parish Council
Clerk to the Council: Mr Owen Richards
The Parish Office, Thakeham Parish Council
Storrington Road, Thakeham, Pulborough
West Sussex RH20 3EJ
Phone: 01798 815305
Members of Thakeham Parish Council are summoned to the Annual Meeting of Thakeham Parish Council to be held at Thakeham Village Hall on Monday, 15th May 2017 at 6.15 p.m.
Clerk to the Council
9th May 2017
1. To elect a Chairman
2. To receive the Chairman’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office
3. To elect a Vice-Chairman (if any)
4. Apologies and reasons for absence
5. Register of Members’ Interests update declaration
6. Declaration of interest by Councillors on any of the agenda items below
7. Minutes of the meeting held on 24 April 2017 to be agreed and signed as a true record, and to note that no matters have been actioned under delegated authority since the last meeting.
8. To appoint the Neighbourhood Planning Committee and review the terms of reference
9. To appoint the Environment Committee and review the terms of reference
10. To appoint the Community Working Group and review the terms of reference
11. To approve the establishment of a standing Finance and Legal Working Group, and appoint members
12. To designate representation on external bodies
13. To review Standing Orders and confirm still valid
14. To review Financial Regulations and confirm still valid
15. To review the Council’s Complaints Procedure and confirm still valid
16. To review procedures for handling requests made under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and the Data Protection Act 1998 and confirm still valid
17. Other formal matters – to review and confirm still valid: the inventory of land and assets; payment of annual subscriptions; the policy for dealing with the press/media and the means by which Councillors will be served a summons confirming the details of Council and Committee meetings
18. Insurance: to agree a proposal for renewing insurance cover from 1 June 2017
19. Report on actions taken on items from previous meeting for information only
20. Correspondence received by clerk for noting only
21. Governance: to approve the Annual Governance Statement for the Annual Return for year ended 31/3/2017
(a) To receive the bank reconciliation for the year ended 31 March 2017
(b) To receive the explanation of variances for the year ended 31 March 2017
(c) To receive the Internal Auditor’s report for the year ended 31 March 2017
(d) To approve the Accounting Statements to be contained in the Annual Return for year ended 31/3/2017
(e) To receive a report on the current finances of the Council
(f) To approve payments due (to follow)
23. To receive reports (if any) for noting from County, District and Parish Councillors
24. Public participation session for up to 10 minutes to allow comments or questions
25. Chairman’s Announcements (if any) for information only
26. Any other business for noting or inclusion on a future agenda (no decisions to be taken under this item)
27. To confirm that the next meeting of Thakeham Parish Council be held on Monday 19 June 2017 at Thakeham Village Hall at 7.30 p.m.
Please note: regulations on access to local government meetings (Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014) give members of the public a right to film/record the meetings of Parish Councils. By attending a meeting of the Parish Council, members of the public are consenting to being filmed/recorded by other members of the public, if such activity is taking place.