What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: EHR Exercises 7-6
Select a size
EHR Exercises 7-6: Patient Ledger
*Complete the following exercise in the HER exercises environment of SCMO.
Document the copayment and charge for Kyle Reeves’s (01/01/1996) office visit billed today in the Account Ledger of the Coding and Billing module.
1. Click the tab for the Coding and Billing module.
2. Select Ledger from the left Info Panel.
3. Perform a patient search for Kyle Reeves and confirm his date of birth.
4. The Ledger for Kyle Reeves will display “Ledger for Guarantor: Kim Reeves” because she is Kyle’s mother and is responsible for his account.
5. Document the current date in the Transaction Date column using the calendar picker.
6. Document the date of service in the DOS column using the calendar picker.
7. Select the correct provider using the dropdown in the Provider field.
8. Document “99212” in the Service column.
9. Document “32.00” in the Charges colums.
10. Document “10.00” in the Payment column.
11. Document “0.00” in the Adjustment column. The Balance of $22.00 is auto-populated based on the amounts listed in the previous columns (Figure 7-4).
12. Click the Save button.