What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: proposal
Select a size
Proposal - Senior Capstone Career Project
Student Name: Samantha Devine
Address: 425 Lakepoint Trace Canton, GA 30114
Home Phone: 678-899-0968
Teacher: Eller Date: 8/22/2016
Directions: Describe your Product and respond to the following questions in as much detail as possible. All questions must be completed thoroughly to receive approval for your Product and Project.
1) Describe what you are proposing to do for your Product step-by-step and in detail.
Cancer children suffer daily and receive several treatments. As a coping mechanism, I’d like to allow the children to draw, paint, and color through use art therapy. I will be going to Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta near the holidays and allow the children to have a fun day by releasing their feelings through art.
2) What is your previous experience in this area of study?
I work at the YMCA in the child care area and volunteer at church. I have experience with children but no experience with cancer children or art therapy.
3) How is this Product a “learning stretch” and challenge for you?
The learning stretch is being able to refocus the children on a more positive outcome and allow them to feel special during their battles. Although I can’t even begin to understand their struggle, I can learn and help to the best of my ability.
4) How is this Product related to a career you are interested in possibly pursuing in the future?
I would like to either become a pediatric nurse or an elementary school teacher. My career is undecided but the love and desire to work with children is decided.
5) How long do you expect it to take you to complete your Product?
I expect my project to take the entire year due to the number of documents I will need to fill out in order to enter the hospital and be able to work with the children.
6) When and where will you work on your Product?
I will work on my project at the hospital when I go, fundraisers I attend, and with my facilitator.
7) What are your estimated costs for completing the Product, and how will you fund these costs?
I have raised money by selling t-shirts and will use the money raised to supply the children with canvases and paints for art. I don’t have an exact amount of money I will spend, but don’t expect it to be much. I also have visited business asking for donations.
8) What ideas do you have for finding a Project Facilitator?
I will begin looking for someone whose heart is heavy for sick children and a desire to make a change in one’s life.
9) What expertise does this person need to have in order to be beneficial to you and your project?
My facilitator will need to have patience, positivity, and energy.
10) What steps will you need to take before you begin work on your Product?
I will need to research legal documents that mist be signed so that I can enter the facility and work with the patients. I will also need to figure out the exact costs for the art supplies.
11) What concepts, skills, knowledge, career goals do you hope to attain upon completion of your Product?
I hope to attain a more positive outlook on life and become more appreciative for all that God has given me. I hope to impact these children because I know they will impact my life forever.
12) How will you demonstrate your Product for Presentation at Senior Boards?
I will provide children’s art pieces along with a scrapbook of pictures taken while at the hospital. I will also provide letters of the children’s thoughts and experience from my visits.
I hereby agree to complete the above stated Product in partial fulfillment of my Senior Capstone Career Project requirement. I understand that I will not be allowed to change my topic after the date shown in Appendix A. I understand that I must also obtain my parents’ or guardians’ permission on the proper form before this agreement is valid.
Approval Signature of Senior English Teacher