What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: The Scientific Approach compiled by Candice king
Select a size
CLASS: Animal Biology
TOPIC: Scientific Approach
STUDENT ID NUMBER:70947
School : University of Trinidad and Tobago Eciaf
Lecturer : Mr.Reeza Ramgattie
Due Date: Friday 30th September , 2016
ACCUMULATED SCIENTIFIC DATA
Scientists have come to the realization that the issue of bats is one where many humans are divided . A large quantity of individuals are afraid of these bats as a result of what they would have heard of them . The culture of bats is one that goes very far in history . Legends of Draculas, and vampires are Transylvania continue to be great stories .There have been tales passed along for generations. Bats are highly adaptable creatures . Research has shown that there are a few places that bats do not reside .Bats are noted to reside in caves where they have access to water ,safe places to hide from prey ect. , during the day and also plenty of food. Scientists have noted that the live in large colonies. The male and females stay segregated unless they are ready to mate.
Bats are creatures that only fly .They only like dark areas .They only come out at night .
OBSERVATION AND EXPERIMENTATION
Bats play a crucial role in the pollination process .They help with the pollination of flowers and distribute fruit seeds .You may think that bats are just creatures that flies ,but they are much more to these animals than most people think .If you often view them as a nuisance you may be more tolerant of them if you found out more of them .The design of the webbed wings on the bat classify them as the only true mammals that are able to fly. Many individuals from a scientific view however of the opinion that other creatures are able to glide rather than to really fly .
70% of bats consume insects and small bugs consume insects and small bugs for food. The other 30% consume various types of fruit .Only a small number of bats feed on blood .Bats seem to thrieve well living in various environments .The smallest bats are the Kitti’s Hog-Nosed Bat and their weight is less than an ounce.They are approximately 1.5 inches in length.The largest bat in the world is the Giant Golden Crowned Flying Fox.Their weight have been noted as approximately three pounds and can be close to five feet long.
In this instance the data, however supported the hypothesis.Bats like dark areas. They come out at night.They are however mistaken for being a member of the therodent family .DNA evidences has however proven that they are not a part of the rodent family at all.