What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: John 5;1-18 (Faith - Responding to the Work of Christ)
Select a size
What does unbelief look like compared to belief? Faith is about responding to the work of God.
New Baptist Church - 2 April 2017
Faith - Responding to the Work of Christ
John’s Purpose in writing the “Gospel of John”
“30 Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”
The Theological Prolog (the pro - logos)
John chapters 1-3
Jesus is the fullness of God’s Glory (John 1:14-18)
Weight of His presence, Beauty of His Holiness, The Substance of His Truth, The Power of His Will.
The Grace of God (John 2:1-11)
Grace is a gift, extravagant, transformative, unmerited, received by faith.
The Love of God (John 3:16)
God’s love is great, generous, welcoming, and enduring
The Theology becoming Reality
John chapters 4-5
The Roman Officer with a sick son
The Jewish invalid - paralyzed for 38 years
The Samaritan Woman ill repute
“Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, “See, you are well! Sin no more, that nothing worse may happen to you.””
This man’s sin is the sin of unbelief
What unbelief looks like
1. Unbelief seeks joy, salvation, and healing in all the wrong places
2. Unbelief seeks to justify self by blaming others
3. Unbelief has more confidence in the law than God’s grace.
4. Unbelief fails to recognize what God has done, thus always fails to give thanks and praise to God.
5. Unbelief would rather please the world than please God.
“But Jesus answered them,
“My Father is working until now, and I am working.””
Do you see God at work around you?
Fatih is the right response to the work of God.
What FAITH looks like…
1. Faith trust the Lord for one’s future (joy, life, meaning, salvation).
2. Faith recognizes and repents of sin
3. Faith has confidence in God’s Grace
4. Faith gives thanks and praise to God
5. Faith seeks to please God as a follower of Jesus.
What FAITH looks like…