What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: proposal
Select a size
Proposal - Senior Capstone Career Project
Student Name: Matthew J. Hard
Address: 814 Golden Wood Trace, Canton, GA. 30114
Home Phone: 678-880-8197
Teacher: Mrs. Baxter Date: 8/15/2016
Directions: Describe your Product and respond to the following questions in as much detail as possible. All questions must be completed thoroughly to receive approval for your Product and Project.
1) Describe what you are proposing to do for your Product step-by-step and in detail.
For the Senior Capstone Career Project, I would like to learn how to be a personal trainer and also put myself in the shoes of the people being trained. I plan to attend personal trainer classes to shadow, participate, and demonstrate everything I learn. I will personally train different people, and personally connect with them to lead each person to their goals.
2) What is your previous experience in this area of study?
My experience is limited to just knowing how to workout. I know a few different exercises from school and YouTube, but there is so much I don’t know yet.
3) How is this Product a “learning stretch” and challenge for you?
This product will help me understand all the different aspects of fitness and training. I will learn about training different people, and what it takes to lead them to their goals. I will observe all of these aspects and apply them to myself.
4) How is this Product related to a career you are interested in possibly pursuing in the future?
Everything I learn as a personal trainer can be used to pursue a Professional Sports Medicine career, or I could become a personal trainer for any professional sports team.
5) How long do you expect it to take you to complete your Product?
I will attend one-hour classes at least two days a week for a few months. Also, I will spend time researching different nutritional diets. Approximately 20 hours will be put into my project.
6) When and where will you work on your Product?
I’ll be shadowing and participating at the Bridge Mill gym. My trainer that I will be learning from will be from BridgeMill Athletic Club.
7) What are your estimated costs for completing the Product, and how will you fund these costs?
The only cost will be the increase in the grocery bill for healthier foods.
8) What ideas do you have for finding a Project Facilitator?
I will be working with a trainer that I have made a connection with at the BridgeMill Athletic Club.
9) What expertise does this person need to have in order to be beneficial to you and your project?
He is a certified personal trainer that has knowledge of weight training, weight loss, nutrition, and cross-training.
10) What steps will you need to take before you begin work on your Product?
I will do research how personal trainers, personally connect with clients and how they motivate them.
11) What concepts, skills, knowledge, career goals do you hope to attain upon completion of your Product?
My product will help me learn all about personal training, teach me what it’s like to be personally trained, and understand the discipline it takes to train yourself and others.
12) How will you demonstrate your Product for Presentation at Senior Boards?
I will present my project on a power point that will have videos on the certain workout trainings. There will be slides on how I trained people and training skills I will learn from my facilitators.
I hereby agree to complete the above stated Product in partial fulfillment of my Senior Capstone Career Project requirement. I understand that I will not be allowed to change my topic after the date shown in Appendix A. I understand that I must also obtain my parents’ or guardians’ permission on the proper form before this agreement is valid.
Matthew Hard 8-17-16
Approval Signature of Senior English Teacher