Hotmail which is now known as Outlook.com is the first ever web-mail service in the world. It stills remains users first choice to get emails and other data items for both personal as well as official use. The reason being that in comparison to other...
Hotmail which is now known as Outlook.com is the first ever web-mail service in the world. It stills remains users first choice to get emails and other data items for both personal as well as official use. The reason being that in comparison to other web mail program in the market it is available free of cost by Microsoft, one of the most reliable IT giants. There exist many other causes as to why Hotmail remains user's choice across the world in spite of a major security bug found in it. Also due to several other issues the emails in it get inaccessible. At such situations it gets of utmost importance and significance to backup Hotmail/Outlook.com emails to PST file type so that emails and other data items stored within it does not get lost. Let's get acquainted with the most hazardous issues related to the talked- of mail client!
Known Bugs in Outlook.com
Some of the identified bugs in the so called Outlook.com mail web service are as follows:
• Server downtime issue that may occur any time due to heavy traffic.
• Internet connection is must that may be not available due to network problem.
• Storage capacity is limited and may get completely occupied id data size increases.
Moreover, an incident occurred in the year 1999 when Hotmail allowed anybody to log into any Outlook.com account using the password 'eh' though later on it was fixed. In such cases hackers cloud easily delete data from the users account.
Why is Outlook PST Preferred?
Many disadvantageous incidents have been reported with Outlook.com and this is the reason that it becomes necessary to backup Hotmail emails to Outlook PST form so as to be protected against incidents of data loss. The reason is that Outlook is a desktop mail client and not web based. Hence, it is free from all drawbacks of Hotmail such as server downtime, no Internet connection and low storage capacity that are discussed above.
However, factors that make Outlook.com a desirable web mail client, in spite of several bugs in it should also be recognized and they are mentioned in the next section.
Acknowledge Why Hotmail is Important
One or the other characteristics do exist in everything in this world that makes it usable. Same is the case with Hotmail or say Outlook.com. The several unique features due to which it has gained significance and has become the choice of millions in the world are as follows:
• It is available free of charge without having to pay for it.
• It is the world's first web mail service launched, hence reliable and users are well acquainted with it.
• It respects user's privacy unlike Google's Gmail privacy practices. It does not scan either mails or its attachments for advertising information. Moreover, its personal conversations are completely free of advertisements.
• Its Active View allows users to communicate with contents within the email message directly. For instance, any attachments such as image can be previewed directly with the help of Active View.
Key Tool to Backup Hotmail Emails to Outlook PST
But, the question remains as how email messages can be backed up safely. A tool known as Hotmail Backup is said to backup Outlook.com emails easily without any complexity. Therefore, it is the one suggested here in the article. However, the requirement to backup emails in .pst format is that Outlook should be installed and configured properly and then only the software application can be utilized.