What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: research proposal
Select a size
The research proposal will help you lay the foundation for your final research paper. It is your guide or “plan” to help navigate your research. At this stage in the process, you will begin to identify and explore your topic by answering the following questions in depth with at least 2-3 paragraphs. Please provide comprehensive answers in order to get full credit for each question. Your answers must be typed and turned in at the beginning of class on July 7, 2016 @ 1:00 p.m. This assignment is worth 50 points.
This is a good time to consider a subject you may have always wanted to know more about. Topics to be researched, may include, but not limited to: Chican@ studies history, Chicano Movement, student organizations, race labels, terms, stereotypes, tracking of Chican@s students historical and present, the Ban on Mexican American Studies in Tucson, AZ, Chican@s/Mexicans in music, cinema, radio, television, newspapers, literature, poetry, popular icons and historical figures such as: Selena, Frida, Malinche, La Virgen, Zapata, Pancho Villa, Cesar Chavez, and other mainstream people today, etc. Day of the Dead, Mexican food, queer and gender issues, machismo, Chicano gang culture’s influence on Asians, Chican@/Mexican comedians, etc.
1) What is your research topic? Why is this topic of interest to you? What do you already know about this topic? 10 points
2) Which sources are you planning on using to investigate your topic? List at least 8-10 sources (i.e. books, articles, videos, and credible websites, along with course material). 10 points
3) Why is this topic important to the field of Chicano Studies and understanding the diverse experiences of Chicanos/Mexicans in the U.S.? 10 points
4) What key concepts, theories, main topics, or terms will you be working with or analyzing throughout your research (i.e. institutional discrimination, Chican@s in education, linguistic racism, racial profiling, or specific racial terms)? Provide definitions and a summary of your concepts or terms. 10 points
5) What is your plan for conducting your research and writing (this is a good time to pull out a calendar or your planner and look for days and times that you can plan in order to conduct research)? Describe any “tips” that help you write a strong research paper. In addition, you will be required to use the writing services at least once for feedback, the library and its’ sources, and computer lab if necessary. 10 points
CS 100 Research Proposal