What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: 4.Sway
Select a size
Introduction to Microsoft Sway
Sway Office 365 for Schools
By the end of this session you should be able to:
Plan your Sway
Be aware of the Sway Features
Add elements to a Sway
Design your Sway
Create and share a Sway
Use Sway in School to:
Access anywhere, any device
Create a story, newsletter, instruction manual
A different way to present your Learning
Create school newsletters, projects, instructions etc.
Share a Sway with others Authors/Viewers
Create a project and work together anywhere, anytime
with any device
Take control of the design or remix
Find the Sway Tile
Select the Sway App from the Office 365 page
Or you can select the Sway App from the App Launcher, often known as ‘the waffle’ or ‘9 squares’.
First time in Sway?
Welcome to Sway!
Start from a saved plan/storyboard
Let Sway help you create from a topic
Create a blank Sway
Recommended order to get started
Create a Sway
Add Section Headings
Create a New Sway
The first time you access Sway, you will see the ‘Title Card’.
What will the title of our Sway be called?
Add Heading Cards
1. Add a new card
2. Select ‘Heading’
To make it easier to structure your Sway, you should add all
of your section headers first.
Here is an example of a Sway with Headers
Add Text Cards
Now you have some structure, you can start to add some text.
1. Select the + under the heading you wish to add text.
2. Select the ‘text card’ and start typing.
You can use, bold, Italics etc. just like word to format your text.
Add Background Images to your Titles/Headings
1. Select the ‘Background’ Tile.
2. The ‘Insert’ Panel will slide into view from the left. From here you can select images using the search box or topic areas.
3. Drag an image into the ‘Background’ box – For background images choose images with high resolution over 1000 x 1000 as lower resolution images will go fuzzy when stretched to a big screen.
1. Select ‘Preview’ by selecting the preview screen on right
2. ‘Preview’ shows you what your Sway looks like before it goes live
3. Select ‘Storyline’ to continue building your Sway
Design Navigation Bar
Undo & Redo
Change the layout of story
Further Cards to add to Storyline
Refine the look
Change the look
The Insert Tab
Use the ‘Insert’ tab to add content such as images and videos to your cards.
You can get content from your OneDrive, Bing and ‘My device’ (My Computer).
Pupils do not have access to YouTube or Twitter on school computers.
Drag and drop content into a card in the storyline area
1. Use search box to refine your search
2. From ‘Suggested’, Select an app to use then drag & drop selected content from the app into a card from the storyline area
The Cards Tab
Use the ‘Cards’ tab to add text, media and group cards by drag & drop method.
Another way to add heading and text cards to storyline
Drag & drop different media cards
Drag & drop group card then drag & drop multiple images into card. You can change the way they are grouped
‘Remix’ is a quick way to change the look of your Sway. You can select ‘remix’ multiple times
The Layout Tab
Change your layout
The Design Tab
Many options to customise
Select to further customise
Switch animation to Intense to animate image
Select to change look
Further Options including:
Advanced Settings, Accessibility Options
Select to play Sway. Click pencil icon to go back to edit mode
Share Sway with others. Select for further options