What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, which the author will be aware of.
Embed code for: 2017 DASQ JR and SR App
Select a size
DEUEL AREA SNOW QUEEN
SENIOR & JUNIOR CONTESTANT INFORMATION SHEET
1. Deadline for applications, with 1 photograph, is Friday, November 11th, 2016. Deuel School Students may hand them into Kim at the high school office. All other applications can be mailed to: Amber Peterreins, PO BOX 55, Gary, SD 57237.
2. You must use a computer to fill out all forms. Forms can be downloaded off our Facebook page: Deuel Area Snow Queen, or emailed to you (please let us know what email address to send to, and we will gladly do so). It is recommended to have someone else also review your information to help check for spelling and grammatical errors.
3. Your photograph must be a color, wallet-size, head and shoulder shot with plain background. “Glamour-shot” type photographs will not be accepted. Senior pictures or similar portraits are good for Senior Snow Queen Candidates. Wallet size school pictures are fine for Jr. Snow Queen Candidates.
4. You will need a street-length dress or a nice pantsuit for the interviews and afternoon activities. You will also need a formal for the evening contest. Borrowing a formal dress, or prom formal, is fine and encouraged.
5. If you have any questions, or need more information, please feel free to contact Amber Peterreins at: (605) 940.2288. The 2017 Deuel Area Snow Queen Festival will take place Saturday, December 3rd, 2016. Coronation begins at 7:00 PM with doors opening at 6:00 PM. All Jr. Snow Queen & Snow Queen contestants will arrive in the early afternoon for a 5 min interview with the judges and practice for coronation. Supper will be served to the contestants. If you have food allergies or have a special diet please inform us. More specific times and information will be released to applicants at a later date.
Thank You for your interest in Deuel Area Snow Queen!
DEUEL AREA SNOW QUEEN & JR SNOW QUEEN APPLICATION
CHECK ONE: SNOW QUEEN Contestant____ JUNIOR SNOW QUEEN Contestant_____
HOME PH._______________ CELL PH.________________ SCHOOL_________________________
PARENTS/GUARDIANS NAMES (write exactly as you wish them printed in newspaper and programs)
1. Junior Age: Freshman in high school or ninth grader in junior high school.
2. Senior Age: At least 17 years of age, and not older than 19, on January 1, 2017. You do not have to be a senior in high school.
3. Residency: Must be a US citizen and resident of SD or going to school in South Dakota from a bordering state to South Dakota. If you have moved to SD, you must have lived here for 1 year by Jan. 1, 2017. This also applies to college and university candidates. Foreign exchange students may join in our festival, being a part of interviews, coronation, etc., but are not eligible to win a title, cannot win any scholarship, and cannot compete in the State contest due to residency regulations.
4. Character Status: You must be in good standing with your school and community, and have high moral character. You must be single and have never been married. You CANNOT currently hold a title other than the local Snow Queen title in any other pageant or festival.
5. Relinquishment of Title: The Deuel Area Snow Queen committee has authority to ask Queens to relinquish titles if qualifications have not been met, or if a Queen conducts herself in a manner unbecoming to her title. I.E. pregnancy, underage drinking, use of social media inappropriately.
6. Parents and/or Guardians of the 2017 Deuel Area Jr Snow Queen agree to transport and claim responsibility for this candidate while she is in Aberdeen, SD, for the 2016 SD Snow Queen Festival.
Parent or Guardian Signature Date Candidate Signature Date
CLIP PICTURE HERE
DO NOT STAPLE
SOUTH DAKOTA SNOW QUEEN CANDIDATE
NAME ___________________________________ AGE _______ BIRTHDATE ____________
TOWN OR COUNTY – MISS _____________________________________________________
PARENTS’/GUARDIANS’ NAMES _________________________________________________
CITY/STATE/ZIP ________________________________________ PHONE ________________
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND (high school, college) _________________________________
CLUB, SCHOOL ACTIVITIES, AND OFFICES ________________________________________
HONORS AND AWARDS ________________________________________________________
HOBBIES, INTERESTS, AND SPORTS _____________________________________________
FUTURE PLANS _______________________________________________________________
CANDIDATE QUESTION: How is a Snow Queen relevant to young women and our South Dakota society in the twenty-first century? (Answer should be typed on a separate sheet of paper.)
Candidate Signature ____________________________________________________________
SOUTH DAKOTA JUNIOR SNOW QUEEN CANDIDATE
1. As you enter senior high school, how do you plan to make it an experience that prepares you
for your future?
2. What change does your home town most need, and how could it be accomplished?
3. If you were selected as South Dakota’s Junior Snow Queen, what message would you want to
convey to others about South Dakota?
(Answers should be typed on a separate sheet of paper.)