What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: Proposal Form
Select a size
Proposal - Senior Capstone Career Project
Student Name: Kyle Black
Address: 285 Old Hornage rd Ball Ground Ga 30107
Home Phone: 7708782991
Teacher: Mrs. Baxter Date: 8/17
Directions: Describe your Product and respond to the following questions in as much detail as possible. All questions must be completed thoroughly to receive approval for your Product and Project.
1) Describe what you are proposing to do for your Product step-by-step and in detail.
My name is Kyle Black and my goal is to highlight the consequences of spraying a vehicle with Plastidip rather than conventional car paint. I will do this by spraying my vehicle with Plastidip and recording the progress in logs and in video. With the help of my project facilitator and a little elbow grease I hope to acquire much skill and experience.
2) What is your previous experience in this area of study?
I have part time experience with helping paint my father’s 66 Mustang.
3) How is this Product a “learning stretch” and challenge for you?
I haven’t directly used a spray gun and never worked with the product Plastidip.
4) How is this Product related to a career you are interested in possibly pursuing in the future?
I would like to pursue a career in electrical or automotive engineering. This would be a branch off the main pathway but would better my understandings of the automotive industry as a whole.
5) How long do you expect it to take you to complete your Product?
Approximately 40 hours. 20 hours of research and another 20 of sanding, prepping, and spraying.
6) When and where will you work on your Product?
I will work on this at home and with my facilitator. I have a large garage with space to paint and a big driveway with room to work on any side projects.
7) What are your estimated costs for completing the Product, and how will you fund these costs?
$355 total. $155 for paint and $200.
8) What ideas do you have for finding a Project Facilitator?
I will look for any automotive worker in Canton with automotive painting experience.
9) What expertise does this person need to have in order to be beneficial to you and your project?
Technical knowledge and firsthand experience in this field.
10) What steps will you need to take before you begin work on your Product?
I need to familiarize myself with this product and understand the science and mechanics of it. I then need to make a budget for how I will acquire the equipment and tools to complete it. Also for this to happen I need an experienced facilitator to guide me.
11) What concepts, skills, knowledge, career goals do you hope to attain upon completion of your Product?
I hope to gain experience with automotive painting. I will achieve this by working with my facilitator. I will learn a great deal no matter the outcome but I wish to gain an understanding of what I want for a career in the future.
12) How will you demonstrate your Product for Presentation at Senior Boards?
I will drive my product to school with me. Since my product will be my truck I can show the judged exactly what I did to the car and the process of my experience.
I hereby agree to complete the above stated Product in partial fulfillment of my Senior Capstone Career Project requirement. I understand that I will not be allowed to change my topic after the date shown in Appendix A. I understand that I must also obtain my parents’ or guardians’ permission on the proper form before this agreement is valid.
Approval Signature of Senior English Teacher