What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: 2016-SCCP-Proposal-Form-Appendix-B
Select a size
Proposal - Senior Capstone Career Project
Student Name: Korie Duc
Address: 3751 Cherokee Overlook dr
Home Phone: n/a
Teacher: Lori Green Date: 1-27-17
Directions: Describe your Product and respond to the following questions in as much detail as possible. All questions must be completed thoroughly to receive approval for your Product and Project.
1) Describe what you are proposing to do for your Product step-by-step and in detail.
For my product, I am a president of an ASL Club at Cherokee High School. In result to this, Macedonia Elementary school has invited the club to come present in an assembly to express the different diversity of human race and how to express kindness. I have chosen 5 of my best “Hearing” signers to even up with the 5 Deaf students who are involved with the club. We are learning a song to sign in ASL and will use some acting to deliver the point of kindness and inclusion to other student who socially-challenged. We will also teach the audience some basic signs so they can sign along with the songs when it’s their cue. The whole performance will be videoed and I will create into a CD after some editing.
2) What is your previous experience in this area of study?
I have been deaf since the age of four-years old, I know how it is to feel “stuck” as in not knowing how to communicate with my parent and peers.
3) How is this Product a “learning stretch” and challenge for you?
I have been Deaf since the age of 4 and with the performance, I will be running the whole thing and I will have to speak in front of a huge audience all without being able to hear my surroundings or music. I will be teaching a group of students how to work together and how to sign a song in American Sign Language.
4) How is this Product related to a career you are interested in possibly pursuing in the future?
I am interested in becoming a teacher of the Deaf. One of the job criteria is to know American Sign Language and be able to teach it and handle a big group of students.
5) How long do you expect it to take you to complete your Product?
Two or Three weeks
6) When and where will you work on your Product?
When I’m putting together the video, I will work on it at home but I will video it all at Macedonia Elementary School.
7) What are your estimated costs for completing the Product, and how will you fund these costs?
To buy a CD to put the video on, about $20. Everything else wouldn’t cost anything.
8) What ideas do you have for finding a Project Facilitator?
I have a project faciliatator.
9) What expertise does this person need to have in order to be beneficial to you and your project?
Experience in the Deaf education field or with Deaf children
10) What steps will you need to take before you begin work on your Product?
I will have to teach a song and Two skits to my group of chosen students. I will then have to edit the video and then burn the performance onto the CD
11) What concepts, skills, knowledge, career goals do you hope to attain upon completion of your Product?
I hope to be more confident in myself and my ability to handle a large group.
12) How will you demonstrate your Product for Presentation at Senior Boards?
I will read my presentation to the Judges and then show them the video of my product.
I hereby agree to complete the above stated Product in partial fulfillment of my Senior Capstone Career Project requirement. I understand that I will not be allowed to change my topic after the date shown in Appendix A. I understand that I must also obtain my parents’ or guardians’ permission on the proper form before this agreement is valid.
Korie Duc 2-28-17
Approval Signature of Senior English Teacher