What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: senior project proposal
Select a size
Proposal - Senior Capstone Career Project
Student Name: Jake Witherow
Address: 101 Elder Court
Home Phone: 770-479-32297
Teacher: Hillary Baxter Date: 8/16/16
Directions: Describe your Product and respond to the following questions in as much detail as possible. All questions must be completed thoroughly to receive approval for your Product and Project.
1) Describe what you are proposing to do for your Product step-by-step and in detail.
For the Senior Capstone Project, I would like to learn how to set up fields for baseball games and tournaments. I plan on meeting and working with Terry Darby, the head over Legion field, and learning from him on how to fix as well as set up the field for games. The product will be the completed baseball field after we prep it and get it game ready.
2) What is your previous experience in this area of study?
My only experience in this area is that I have played baseball since I was four. So almost every day I have been out on a field practicing and playing games.
3) How is this Product a “learning stretch” and challenge for you?
This product is a learning stretch for me because I have never actually learned what all you have to do to set up the field for baseball games and fix the problems that happened to the field. This will be a bigger challenge since I have no experience with fixing up a field for games.
4) How is this Product related to a career you are interested in possibly pursuing in the future?
I am interested in this because of how much I love the game its self. I want to be around it for as long as possible, even if it means I just work on the fields I would still do it. So in the future I might have to work on a field maintenance team to set up field and keep them ready to play on.
5) How long do you expect it to take you to complete your Product?
I estimate it will take about two months to complete.
6) When and where will you work on your Product?
I will work on it during the week and on weekends also I will be working on this at legion field.
7) What are your estimated costs for completing the Product, and how will you fund these costs?
The fields are funded with the supplies so my estimated cost will be about forty dollars and that’s just if we run out of chalk for the lines.
8) What ideas do you have for finding a Project Facilitator?
I already have found one he is the operator of legion field his name is Terry Darby.
9) What expertise does this person need to have in order to be beneficial to you and your project?
He has to know how to fix the fields for games and keep it in playable condition to show me exactly how to do everything.
10) What steps will you need to take before you begin work on your Product?
I will need to work out the days I am going to go over and help with the fields and learn when the games are going to start up for the fall season.
11) What concepts, skills, knowledge, career goals do you hope to attain upon completion of your Product?
I plan on learning how to run the field one day and hopefully own a field where people can play baseball at.
12) How will you demonstrate your Product for Presentation at Senior Boards?
I will have pictures and show what all we have to do so its is ready to play, and the steps we have to take to get it ready.
I hereby agree to complete the above stated Product in partial fulfillment of my Senior Capstone Career Project requirement. I understand that I will not be allowed to change my topic after the date shown in Appendix A. I understand that I must also obtain my parents’ or guardians’ permission on the proper form before this agreement is valid.
Jake witherow 8/17/16
Approval Signature of Senior English Teacher