What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: Health FinaleName
Select a size
Health Final 2015 First and last name___________________
Circle both letter and the answer
Multiple choice 2 points each
1. Which of the following is not an endocrine gland?
a. pituitary gland
b. adrenal gland
c prostrate gland
2. In Males, straining to lift heavy objects may result in
a an inguinal hernia
b. an enlarged prostate
c. testicular cancer
3. Which organ releases mature eggs?
b. pituitary gland
4. How long is the average menstrual cycle?
a. 3 to 5 days
b. 14 days
c 28 days
d. 9 months
5. How many chromosomes are contained in each of your sex cells?
6. Which of the following is not a genetic disorder?
a. sickle cell disease
b breast cancer
c. cystic fibrosis
7. During implantation
a. the egg is fertilized
b. the blastocyst travels to the uterus
c the blastocyst attaches to the wall of the uterus
d. the embryo grows to about an inch in length
8. Which nutrient is critical for proper neural tube development?
b folic acid
d. vitamin A
9. All of the following happen during a typical labor except
a. the uterus contracts
b. the cervixe dilates
c. the amniotic sac breaks
d the umbilical cord breaks
10. During what stage does a child typically begin to get his or her permanent teeth?
b. early childhood
c middle childhood
d. late childhood
11. A reduced ability to have children is
12. A serious infection of the female reproductive organs than can be caused by Chlamydia is
a pelvic inflammatory disease
b. genital warts
13. An STI that cannot be treated with antibiotics is
c human papilloma virus
14. The virus that causes AIDS is
15. HIV destroys
c. B cells
d T cells
16. Which of these behaviors is not a way to protect yourself from HIV
a. avoiding contact with blood
b. practicing abstinence
c sharing needles
d. avoiding alcohol
17. HIV positive people receive treatments to keep
a. their viral load as high as possible
b their viral load as low as possible
c. their viral load equal to their T cell count
d. their T cell count as low as possible
18. Unwanted physical and mental effects caused by a drug are called
a. psychoactive effects
b. withdrawal symptons
c side effects
19. Something that reduces a person’s potential for harmful behavior is called a
a. risk factor
b. social factor
c protective factor
d. personal belief
20. Drugs that slow body functions are called
d. club drugs
21. The objective of supervised medication in treating drug addicts is to
a. provide a safe “high”
b prevent withdrawal symptoms and cravings
c. produce controlled form of addiction
d. increase side effects
22. A person who is very talkative and sociable is demonstrating a high degree of
d. emotional stability
23. According to Erikson, the main challenge people face during adolescence is to
a. develop competence
b search for indemnity
c. develop trust
d. look back with acceptance
24. Which of the following describes people with low self esteem
a they judge themselves harshly
b. they have a positive attitude
c. they accept themselves for who they are
d. they have realistic view of their abilities
25. Self-actualization is the process by which people can
a. improve self esteem
b reach their full potential
c. establish an identity
d. develop trust
26. An example of learned emotion is
27. A child who had been toilet trained starts to wet the bed again when a new baby arrives. They have behavior that is an example of
28. Claustrophobia is an example of a(n)
a. mood disorder
b anxiety disorder
c. personality disorder
d. impulse control disorder
29. An unreasonable need to behave in a certain way is called a(n)
d. panic attack
30. An eating disorder marked by binging and purging is
a. anorexia nervosa
b. binge eating disorder
d. yo-yo- dieting
31. A person with clinical depression
a. feels sad now and then
b. feels extremely sad for a week
c feels sad or hopeless for months
d. still tends to find enjoyment in life
32. Which mental health professional acts as a link between a patient and community resources
c social worker
33. Complex carbohydrates are
a. composed of sugars linked together
b. found in grain products
c. good source of energy
d all of the above
34. Which of the following foods is high in protein
a. an apple
35. Which of these nutrients is sometimes associated with high blood pressure
36. Loss of water through heavy perspiring can result in
37. Which of the following is not used to determine the amounts you should consume from each food group in the MyPlate plan
d. activity level
38. Basal metabolic rate (BMR) can be affected by
a. daily values
39. A daily value of 10 percent means that
a. a food consists of 10 percent of a particular nutrient
b. 10 percent of your calories should come from a particular nutrient
c one serving provides 10 percent of the daily amount for a particular nutrient
d. a food package can bear the nutrient claim “light”
40. Body mass index (BMI) is a ration of a person’s weight to his or her
b. activity level
d. basal metabolic rate
41. People who are considered overweight
a. are generally healthier than people who are not overweight
b. are decreasing in number
c. have a BMI of more than 30
d are heavier than the standard for their weight
42. A food intolerance is
a. a response by the immune system to certain proteins in foods
b. present in one percent of the population
c the inability to digest a particular food
d. a fast and intense reaction to diet
43. In which kind of blood vessel are materials exchanged between the blood and body cells
44. Which component of blood is responsible for the transport of oxygen
b red blood cells
c. white blood cells
45. Cholesterol is a fatty substance most closely associated with
a. white blood cells
d. blood pressure
Short answer questions
1. Which hormone regulates the “fight or flight” response?
2. Which four hormones play a role in menstrual cycle?
3. Which kind of cancer may be detected by a Pap Smear?
4. Explain the difference between dominant and recessive traits. Give one example for each.
5. Describe how a fetus obtains nutrients and gets rid of waste.
6. During which trimester of pregnancy should a women start prenatal care?
7. Describe two ways to avoid getting STI.
8. What steps should be taken by a person who suspects that he or she is infected with an STI?
9. Describe four ways that HIV is spread.
10. What are flashbacks?
11. What are immediate and long term effects of smoking marijuana?
12. Where can drug treatment programs be found for little or no cost?
13. Why is it important how adults behave around children?
14. How can anger and fear both be helpful?
15. Which two groups in the MyPlate diagram are the largest?
16. How does BMR change as a person ages?
17. How can a person’s cultural background influence his or her diet?
18. Describe what happens during a heartbeat.
19. What is blood pressure?
20. What do the two numbers in the blood pressure reading indicate?
1. Give an example of how an experience in a person’s life could trigger a mental disorder.
2. What is the link between depression and suicide?
3. What is the role of glucose in the body?
4. Which mineral can help build strong bones and teeth?
5. The Dietary Guidelines recommends that you make smart food choices. Explain what this recommendation means.
6. Why should a person use a diet diary when attempting to gain or lose weight?mia
3. What is the role of g