What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: 4.6 - One-variable Inequalities
Select a size
11. What does it mean if two quantities vary inversely?
18. y varies directly with x. y = 45 when x = 5. Find y when x = 13.
22. y varies inversely with x. y = 6 when x = 3. Find y when x = 9.
25. y varies directly with x and inversely with z. y = 100 when x = 5 and z = 10. Find y when x = 3 and z = 60.
36. The distance that a spring will stretch varies directly as the force applied to the spring. A force of 12 pounds is needed to stretch a spring 9 inches. What force is required to stretch the spring 15 inches?
40. The water temperature of the Pacific Ocean varies inversely as the water’s depth. At a depth of 1000 meters, the water temperature is 4.4°C. What is the water temp at a depth of 5000m?
Page 25919. 21.
Linear Inequalities in One Variable
SWBAT solve one-variable inequalities.
Use the very same rules as solving equations.
One special rule:
When you multiply or divide by a negative, change around the inequality sign.
Write your answer with x on the left.
Graph answers on a number line.
Solve and Graph
Problems with Inequalities
We can relate x to two other values instead of just one.
To solve, keep the x in the middle and perform all operations to all 3 parts of the inequality.
Solve and graph each
11. When graphing the solutions of an inequality, what is the difference between an open dot and a closed dot?
Solve and graph:
122. The formula for converting Fahrenheit temp, F, to Celsius temp, C, is: . If the temperature ranges from 15° to 35° C, what is the range for the temperature in Fahrenheit?
P. 227 31. 49.
Exit Ticket: Write a summary of today’s lesson in 2 sentences.