What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: Barrett Scarecrow 5K Race fact sheet 2016
Select a size
Race Facts Sheet
Barrett Scarecrow 5K Race
PO Box 200
Shawnee on Delaware, PA 18356
Race fact sheet:
*The first Barrett Scarecrow 5K and Kids Fun Run took place in October 2000 with 2016 being our 16th year.
*Our race would not be possible without your support and sponsorship. Sponsorship is used to offset race expenses of shirts, medals, postage, paper, race day fruit, water and snacks.
* Each participant receives a Champion Long sleeve Tech shirt with the sponsors on the back, sleeve, and front (presenting sponsor). Each participant also receives a goodie bag which includes sponsor provided literature, race info and “goodies”.
* Race Attendance has ranged between 150-220. Our race medals and shirts are of the highest quality of any 5K in the area. Our shirts can be seen in races all over the country and are shirts that runners want to wear year over year. In short our shirts are the “bomb”.
* The race has always been held on the grounds of Weiler Corporation located on Route 390, Cresco PA, Barrett Township. Weiler Corporation donates use of their facilities and grounds.
* The event consists of a ½ mile Kid’s Fun Run followed by the 5K. Runners and walkers participate in the 5K race. The race has become a Barrett Township tradition that many look forward to year after year, groups form teams to participate in on race day and is a great family friendly event.
* Pre- race information is shared on our Website, Facebook page, the Pocono Area Running Club Facebook page, Ready Set Run website as well as the The Village View newspaper. Each year we reach out to our past participant’s via mail and email. Our reach through social media and newspaper is about 10,000 people.
*Post-race information which includes our sponsors are thanked to our Facebook platforms as well as The Village View. Reach is about 10,000 people.
* All Race Helpers, Timekeepers, Photographer and DJ are volunteers.
* In the past 15 years, The Barrett Scarecrow 5K and Kids Fun Run has raised $24,500.00 for various charities including the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, the Diabetes Foundation and most recently Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer.
*This will be our third year raising money for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation for Childhood Cancer.