What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: fbc1 resume
Select a size
2308 N. Parc Green Ln.
Harvey, LA 70058
Medical Billing / Insurance Specialist
A Medical Billing/ Insurance position with a professional medical company.
Advanced Medical Center, Gretna, LA 70056 10/ 2006 to Present
Comprehensive of Insurance, Workers’ Compensation, Commercial and Liability. Generate claims, status, benefits, billing collection and claims appeals. Knowledge of Hippa, medical guidelines and CPT, ICD-10-CM and HCPCS codesKnowledge and skills of med iSOFT and TPS softwareKnowledge of Excel, Spreadsheets and WordsTrained new employeeDuties of a Supervisor
• Increased cash flow by 20% the first 6mos at the company
• Over 10yrs of knowledge, skills and experience in Management, Medical Billing/Insurance
Tulane University Hospital, New Orleans, LA 8/ 2001 to 8/ 2005
Unit Service Coord.
Answer phone, Executed daily operation on unit, transcribe ordersOrder supplies/InventoryAssist patient under my scope of dutiesManage unitAssist staff when needed
• Good communication skills, computer skills. The ability to multiple tasks and detailed oriented and able to meet deadline.
Lewis/Robertson Dental Clinic, Marrero, LA 6/ 1996 to 8/ 2001
Executed daily operation: Manage officePayroll calculation, manage payroll, A/R and A/POperated Soft dent softwareAssist patient, generated charts, discharge and scheduled appointmentGenerate demographic.process,submit claims ,CPT coding, F/U claims and CollectionIns.Verification, Recall list.
• Increased cash flow by 30% in the first yr. at the company
• Contributed to company success by increased customer satisfaction by 40%.
ARRNO, Metairie, LA 8/ 2001 to 8/ 2005
F/U Claims/Collector/Substitute A/R Manager/Billing Specialist
Responsible for Daily reports A/R, generated financial report, knowledge of Excel/Spreadsheets and skills in MS/words, monthly reports. Compiled monthly end statements for payroll, made deposits, bank reconciliations, data tracking. F/u claims, INS verification and other multiple tasks
• Increased cash flow by 40% within the first yr. with the company
• Skills and knowledge and work experience in CPT/ICD-9 coding
• Ability to grow in my skills and accomplish more in my specialist
Delgado Community College, New Orleans, LA 2014
GPA: Major GPA: Incomplete
Cameron College, New Orleans 2001
, Medical Billing/Coding Specialist, Minor:
GPA: 3.5, Major GPA: Completed
Nunez Community College, Chalmette, LA 1995
, Info. Computer System, Minor:
GPA: 3.0, Major GPA: Incomplete
Vincent High, Vincent, AL
H.S., Diploma, Minor:
• Knowledge in CPT, ICD-10-CM, HCPCS Coding, Medical Billing and Medical Terminology
• Knowledge of Medi soft, Denti soft and TPS software
• Skills in Intake, Referrals and schedule patients to assigned appointment.
• Skills in Credentialing and knowledge of processing deposition for the Doctors
Managing office while office manager awayAssisted Doctor's in multiple tasks.Attended INS, coding and collection workshops and seminars.Resolved conflicts