What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: Proposal Form
Select a size
Proposal - Senior Capstone Career Project
Student Name: Damon Sheffield
Address: 382 Puckett Rd. Waleska Ga 30183
Home Phone: Click here to enter text.
Teacher: Ms. Green Date: 8/15/2016
Directions: Describe your Product and respond to the following questions in as much detail as possible. All questions must be completed thoroughly to receive approval for your Product and Project.
1) Describe what you are proposing to do for your Product step-by-step and in detail.
Foy my senior Capstone Career Project I decided that I would get my grandpas old 1979 Chevy k10. I will replace the needed parts to make the truck a daily driver. This will include things such as gaskets, brakes, changing the speedometer gear in the transmission, and hoses that may dry rot. I will also do bodywork to the truck. Including removing the paint, sanding, applying body filler, shaping the body filler, and applying primer.
2) What is your previous experience in this area of study?
I do not have much experience in working with cars. In the past, I have done things such as changing oil but nothing major.
3) How is this Product a “learning stretch” and challenge for you?
This project will be a learning stretch for me because I hope to learn a little more about working on cars, and how the parts work.
4) How is this Product related to a career you are interested in possibly pursuing in the future?
When I am older, I plan on opening up my own restoration shop or welding shop. If I am not restoring cars as a career, I will continue to do restoration as a hobby.
5) How long do you expect it to take you to complete your Product?
I am not too sure how long this project will take.
6) When and where will you work on your Product?
I will be working on my project at my mentors shop whenever he is not busy with a customer’s car.
7) What are your estimated costs for completing the Product, and how will you fund these costs?
I am not sure how much this will cost but I know it will be a good bit. I have a job that I will fund the cost of my project.
8) What ideas do you have for finding a Project Facilitator?
My dad has a friend who has been a mechanic for most of his life and he is more than willing to be my mentor
9) What expertise does this person need to have in order to be beneficial to you and your project?
He worked for a chevy dealership as a mechanic from the early 70’s to the late 80’s. Since then he opened his own mechanics shop.
10) What steps will you need to take before you begin work on your Product?
I will need to get my mentor to come over to house and look at the truck to see what steps we need to take to get it running.
11) What concepts, skills, knowledge, career goals do you hope to attain upon completion of your Product?
I hope to learn how to restore old vehicles.
12) How will you demonstrate your Product for Presentation at Senior Boards?
I will bring my truck in and let my judges look at what I have done.
I hereby agree to complete the above stated Product in partial fulfillment of my Senior Capstone Career Project requirement. I understand that I will not be allowed to change my topic after the date shown in Appendix A. I understand that I must also obtain my parents’ or guardians’ permission on the proper form before this agreement is valid.
Approval Signature of Senior English Teacher