What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: FIN 516 DeVry Week 2 Mini Case Assignment
Select a size
FIN 516 DeVry Week 2 Mini Case Assignment
Downloading is very simple, you can download this Course here: http://mindsblow.us/question_des/FIN516DeVryWeek2MiniCaseAssignment/5054
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select a major industrial or commercial company based in the United States, and listed on one of the major stock exchanges in the United States.
Downloading is very simple, you can download this Course here:
Contact us at:
Select a major industrial or commercial company based in the United States, and listed on one of the major stock exchanges in the United States. Each student should select a different company. Avoid selecting an insurance company or a bank, as the financial ratios for these financial businesses are different. Write a 7 – 8 page double spaced paper answering and demonstrating with calculations and financial data the following questions:
1. What is the name of the company? What is the industry sector?
2. What are the operating risks of the company?
3. What is the financial risk of the company (the debt to total capitalization ratio)?
4. Does the company have any preferred stock?
5. What is the capital structure of the company?: Short term portion of Long Term Debt, Long Term Debt, Preferred Stock (if any), and market value of Common Stock issued and outstanding?
6. What is the company’s current actual Beta?
7. What would the Beta of this company be if it had no Long Term Debt in its capital structure? (Apply the Hamada Formula.)
8. What is the company’s current Marginal Tax Rate?
9. What is the Cost of Debt, before and after taxes?
10. What is the Cost of Preferred Stock (if any)?
11. What is the Cost of Equity?
12. What is the cash dividend yield on the Common Stock?
13. What is the Weighted Average Cost of Capital of the company?
14. What is the Price Earnings Multiple of the company?
15. How has the company’s stock been performing in the last 5 years?
16. How would you assess the overall risk structure of the company in terms of its Operating Risks and Financial Risk (Debt to Capitalization Ratio)?
17. Would you invest in this company? Why? Or Why not?
18. The last page of your paper should be a Bibliography of the sources you used to prepare this paper.