What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: FIN 505 DeVry Week 4 Problem Set
Select a size
FIN 505 DeVry Week 4 Problem Set
Downloading is very simple, you can download this Course here: http://wiseamerican.us/product/fin-505-devry-week-4-problem-set/
Contact us at: SUPPORT@WISEAMERICAN.US
Week 4 Problem Set
Answer the following questions and solve the following problems in the space provided. When you are done, save the file in the format flastname_Week_4_Problem_Set.docx, where flastname is your firs
Downloading is very simple, you can download this Course here:
Contact us at:
Answer the following questions and solve the following problems in the space provided. When you are done, save the file in the format flastname_Week_4_Problem_Set.docx, where flastname is your first initial and your last name, and submit it to the appropriate dropbox.
Bonds-1. Interest on a certain issue of bonds is paid annually with a coupon rate of 8%. The bonds have a par value of $1,000. The yield to maturity is 9%. What is the current market piece of these bonds? The bonds will mature in 5 years.
Bonds-2.A certain bond has 12 years left to maturity. Interest is paid annually at a coupon rate of 10%. The bonds are currently selling for $850. What is their YTM?
Bonds-3. A certain bond pays a semiannual coupon rate at a 10% annual rate. The bond has a par value of $1,000. There are eight years to maturity. The yield to maturity is 9%. What is the current price of the bond?
Bonds-4. A particular corporate bond has a par value of $1,000. Coupon payments are $40 and are paid twice a year. Seven years are left on the life of the bond.The YTM is 9%. What is the price of the bond?
Bond-5. A given bond has 5 years to maturity. It has a face value of $1,000. It has a YTM of 5% and the coupons are paid semiannually at a 10% annual rate. What does the bond currently sell for?
Bond-6. A given bond has five years left to maturity. Interest is paid annually and the annual coupon rate is 9%. The par value of the bond is $1,000. The bond currently sells for $1,000. What is the yield to maturity?
Chapter 9 (pages 303–203):
1. Assume Evco, Inc., has a current price of $50 and will pay a $2 dividend in 1 year, and its equity cost of capital is 15%. What price must you expect it to sell for right after paying the dividend in 1 year in order to justify its current price?
5. No Growth Corporation currently pays a dividend of $2 per year, and it will continue to pay this dividend forever. What is the price per share if its equity cost of capital is 15% per year?
6. Summit Systems will pay a dividend of $1.50 this year. If you expect Summit’s dividend to grow by 6% per year, what is its price per share if its equity cost of capital is 11%?
7. Dorpac Corporation has a dividend yield of 1.5%. Dorpac’s equity cost of capital is 8%, and its dividends are expected to grow at a constant rate.
a. What is the expected growth rate of Dorpac’s dividends?
b. What is the expected growth rate of Dorpac’s share price?
12. Procter & Gamble will pay an annual dividend of $0.65 1 year from now. Analysts expect this dividend to grow at 12% per year thereafter until the fifth year. After then, growth will level off at 2% per year. According to the dividend-discount model, what is the value of a share of Procter & Gamble stock if the firm’s equity cost of capital is 8%?