What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: ACCT 505 DeVry All Week Discussions
Select a size
ACCT 505 DeVry All Week Discussions
Downloading is very simple, you can download this Course here: http://wiseamerican.us/product/acct-505-devry-week-discussions/
Contact us at: SUPPORT@WISEAMERICAN.US
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 1 DQ 1
Introduction and Cost Behavior – Discussion
Cost Terms, Classifications, and Behavior (Graded)
Welcome to our Week 1 Discussions! To get us started, let's consider the following questions.
1) Would a traditional income stat
Downloading is very simple, you can download this Course here:
Contact us at:
1) Would a traditional income statement differ depending on whether the business is a service organization, merchandiser, or manufacturer?
2) Could we use managerial accounting tools to assess the profitability of an organization other than a manufacturing business, or are the topics that we are learning only related to manufacturing?
3) If we could use these concepts in service and/or merchandising businesses, how would we go about doing so? Let's start with the first question.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 1 DQ 2
Introduction and Cost Behavior - Discussion
Research and Application (Graded)
Go to page 130, Case 3-30, Ethics and the Manager. Let’s discuss the questions, make value-added comments, points, and share personal experiences of unethical situations.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 2 DQ 1
Job Order and Process Costing Systems - Discussion
Job Order and Process Costing Systems (Graded)
Welcome to our Week 2 Discussions! Let's begin by discussing when job order costing systems would be more appropriate than a process costing system.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 2 DQ 2
Job Order and Process Costing Systems - Discussion
Go to page 166 and read Case 4-19, Ethics and the Manager: Understanding the Impact of Percentage Completion on Profit. Let’s address the questions, provide reasons for our answers, share relevant personal experiences, and provide value-added comments, articles, and related websites. Let’s have a lot of interaction.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 3 DQ 1
Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis and Variable Costing - Discussion
Variable Costing and CVP Concepts (Graded)
Welcome to our Week 3 Discussions! To get us started, let's discuss how CVP analysis is used in managerial accounting decision-making.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 3 DQ 2
Below is the link that will take you directly to the 2004 financial statements of the Benetton Group, followed by the discussion questions.
Let's answer these questions in the order that they appear.
1. How do the formats of the income statements shown on pages 33 and 50 of Benetton’s annual report differ from one another (disregard everything beneath the line titled “income from operations”)? Which expenses shown on page 50 appear to have been reclassified as variable selling costs on page 33?
2. Why do you think cost of sales is included in the computation of contribution margin on page 33?
3. Perform two separate computations of Benetton’s break-even point in euros. For the first computation, use data from 2003. For the second computation, use data from 2004. Why do the numbers that you computed differ from one another?
4. What sales volume would have been necessary in 2004 for Benetton to attain a target income from operations of €300 million?
5. Compute Benetton’s margin of safety using data from 2003 and 2004. Why do your answers for the two years differ from one another?
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 4 DQ 1
ABC and Budgeting - Discussion
Budgeting Case Study (Graded)
Let's start the week by reviewing the following case. First, let's discuss how the budgeting process as employed by Springfield contributes to the failure to achieve the president's sales and profit targets. Click here to view the file
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 4 DQ 2
Exam Review (Graded)
To begin, download the practice Midterm Exam from Doc Sharing to access questions and topics for review. For multiple-choice questions, please explain why the answer chosen is correct, and why the other choices would not be correct. Please support your response. Let's begin with the questions on Page 1.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 5 DQ 1
Measuring Performance - Discussion
Standards, Variances, Flexible Budgets (Graded)
To begin, please read Case 10B-5 on page 471, Ethics and the Manager. How were the standard costs developed? Are the standards set too high or too low? Please elaborate.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 5 DQ 2
Let's look at Case 9-26, Ethics and the Manager, in Chapter 9, page 414, and address and discuss the question there.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 6 DQ 1
Segment Reporting and Relevant Costs for Decisions - Discussion
Segment Reporting and Relevant Costs (Graded)
To begin, please read Case 12-32 on page 576. Which costs are relevant in the decision to shut down the Ashton facility? Then, let’s answer the questions at the end of the case. Also, value-added comments, points, and experiences are welcome and encouraged.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 6 DQ 2
To begin, please read Case 11-22 on page 505 of the e-book and let's discuss the first question! Value-added comments, points, and experiences are also welcomed and encouraged.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 7 DQ 1
Capital Budgeting - Discussion
Capital Budgeting (Graded)
Welcome to Week 7 Discussions! Let's begin by discussing the difference between capital budgeting screening decisions and capital budgeting preference decisions. Then, we will entertain additional questions relating to important capital budgeting terms, concepts, tools, methods, etc.
Value-added, comments, points, observations, and experiences are welcomed and encouraged.
ACCT 505 DeVry Week 7 DQ 2
To begin, download the Practice Final Exam from Doc Sharing to access questions and topics for review. For multiple-choice questions, please explain why the answer chosen is correct and why the other choices would not be correct. Please support your response. Let's begin with the questions on page 1.05 DeVry Week 3 DQ 2
To begin, download the practice Midterm Exam