What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: UNV 502 Grand Canyon All Week Assignments
Select a size
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment 1
Navigating the Online Environment Scavenger Hunt
Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success.
1- View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorial and search LoudCloud to find the answers.
2- Complete the scavenger hunt while navigating LoudCloud.
Online Learning Environment Scavenger Hunt
UNV 502 Grand Canyon All Week Assignments
Downloading is very simple, You can Download this Course here:
Contact us at:
Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s Learning Management System (LMS) LoudCloud has many resources to help you become a successful graduate student.
View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorial as well as search LoudCloud to find answers to the questions below. You should complete the guide while navigating the LoudCloud environment.
Part A: Answer each prompt
1. List the tabs and other items on the screen when you first enter a course in LoudCloud.
2. From the course home page in LoudCloud, click on the “Resources” tab and then click on “Classroom Policies." What do you need to do to make sure you are properly participating in the online classroom?
3. Under the “Resources” Tab in LoudCloud, click on the “Student Success Center;" under the “Writing Center” tab click on the “Style Guides and Templates” link. Read through the APA 6th Edition Style Guide and APA 6th Edition Template (without Abstract) documents. Why do you think academic writing requires such strict formatting?
4. under the “Resources” Tab in LoudCloud, click on the “Student Success Center." Under which tab in the Student Success Center can you find official Microsoft Tutorials for their software products?
5. Under the “Resources” Tab in LoudCloud, inside the “Student Success Center," click on the “Tools for Success” tab at the top. What video might be most helpful to you under the “Success Webinars” section?
6. From the course home page in LoudCloud, find where you can see your current grade in the course.
7. Click on the “Resources” Tab in the classroom. Click on “Syllabus." What are all the different sections found in the Syllabus? Look at the “Overall” and “Current” sections of the syllabus. (Hint: they might be the orange sections on the left of the screen.)
8. Click on “Library” under the “Resources” tab. Go to the Library website and find a time that a GCU Library Introduction webinar tour is available. Write down a time and date that one is offered.
Part B: Highlight the correct response
9. Where are the topic lectures found?
a) The Syllabus
b) Course Materials
c) Main Forum
d) Both A and B
10. In the Student Success Center located under the Resources Tab in Loud Cloud, which of the following is not found under the “Tools for Success” tab:
a) The Writing Center
b) The Basics
c) First Year Experience
d) Success Webinars
11. What do Course Materials in Loud Cloud consist of?
a) Lecture Notes, Electronic Resources, and Other instructional Media
b) Computer, Internet, and Software
c) Pens, Paper, and Books
d) The Syllabus, Discussion Forum, and Student Success Center
12. Where do you find the “Announcements" tab for a course in LoudCloud?
a) In the LoudCloud tool bar at the top of the classroom
b) The Calendar
c) The Syllabus
d) The instructor emails them to you at the start of each week.
13. What would you do if you wanted to ask your instructor a question in which you felt your classmates could benefit from the answer as well?
a) Send him or her a personal email
b) Post the question in the Main Forum
c) Post the question in the Individual Forum
d) Post the question in the Questions to Instructor Forum
14. Looking at the Forum Section under the Tasks tab, which section is not listed in Loud Cloud?
a) Main Forum
b) Question to Instructor Forum
c) Assignment Forum
d) Individual Forum
15. Where are the weekly topic learning objectives found?
a) On the Calendar
b) In the Syllabus
c) In the Main Forum
d) Under the Tasks Tab
16. Where is the syllabus found in Loud Cloud?
a) Under the Calendar tab
b) Under the Resources tab
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment 2
Time Monitoring Worksheet
In this assignment there are two parts to complete. The first is a time log in which you will monitor and write down all that you do within a 3-day time period. In the second portion of the assignment you will reflect on your completed worksheet from part 1 and write a short 250-word summary of your experience. Use the questions in Part 2: Reflection instructions to guide your writing.
Part 1: Monitor your time in hourly increments.
1- Use the Time Monitoring Worksheet to write down what you did each hour of the day, starting at 5 a.m. and ending at 10 p.m. Even if you do not get up until 10 a.m., you still need to record 5 a.m. - 9 a.m. as “sleep.”
2- Do not overdo the recording; record the primary activity for the hour. At most, record two activities per hour.
Part 2: Reflection
On day four, review your completed Time Monitoring Worksheet in order to take a serious look at how you use your time each day.
Write a 250-500-word reflection on how you manage your time. Include the following in your reflection:
1- What are some things you can do more efficiently?
2- What are the main items/tasks that take up most of your time?
3- Do you see areas in your daily routine where you can make adjustments to become more productive?
4- Do you have any “black holes” that unnecessarily suck up a lot of your time?
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment 3
Class Wall Biography
Participating and getting to know other students in your class is important in order to create the online community at GCU. The Class Wall is a place for students to network and get to know one another. Your first post to the Class Wall will be a biography to share information about you with fellow students.
Here are some things to consider including in your biography:
1- Your name
2- Where you are from
3- Your family
4- The degree program you are enrolled in
5- What you currently do for a living
6- Your hobbies or interests
7- Motivation for pursuing a graduate degree
Post your biography to the Class Wall by the end of Day 2 of Topic 1.
Once other students have posted their bios, go back to the Class Wall and read them, as well as your instructor's bio.
Submit your biography to the appropriate assignment drop box as well.
Class Wall Instructions
Use these instructions to assist you in posting to the Class Wall.
Welcome to the Class Wall! Please post a biography to introduce yourself to the class.
We suggest using the following template:
Section 1: Educational Background (2-4 sentences)
· Educational history.
· What do you like about school?
· What have you found to be challenging? Section
2: Professional Background (4-6 sentences)
· Job/Career history.
· What have you liked about your jobs?
· What kind of job/career do you hope to obtain with your degree?
Section 3: Personal Interests (2-4 sentences)
· What do you like to do with your spare time?
· What kinds of books/movies do you enjoy?
· Where have you travelled in your lifetime or where have you lived?
· Feel free to share information about your family if you are comfortable.
Section 4: Finding Your Purpose (4-6 sentences)
· Why are you obtaining this degree?
· Why did you decide to attend Grand Canyon University?
· How will obtaining this degree help you define, refine, and achieve your goals professionally, personally, and spiritually?
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 2 Assignment 1
Read "Read-Only Participants: A Case for Student Communication in Online Classes" by Nagel, Blignaut, and Cronje.
After reading the Nagel, Blignaut, and Cronje article, write a 250-500 word summary.
Refer to the guidelines for writing an effective summary presented in the Topic 1 part 2 lecture for use as a guide.
Be sure to include a discussion of the research problem, questions, method, findings, and implications discussed by the authors.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
UNV 502 Grand Canyon Week 2 Assignment 2
For this assignment you will create an annotated bibliography from the template you have already started.
Choose a topic within your field of study and conduct research using the GCU eLibrary to find three scholarly articles that could be used to support that topic. Review Lecture 1 part 2 for a description of an annotated bibliography and use Lecture 2 for a description of what is considered a scholarly article.
Using the filled in template, create a document that reflects a properly formatted APA annotated bibliography.
You are required to submit your annotated bibliography to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
You are required to turn both the template and APA annotated bibliography into the assignment dropbox.
Annotated Reference List
Racism and Religion: The Contrasting Views of Benjamin Mays, Malcom X and Martin Luther King, Jr. by Hatch, Roger D.
Persistent GCU Library Link
50 Word Paraphrased Abstract
This article covers the views of Benjamin Mays, Malcolm X, and Martin Luther King, Jr. on three key questions: 1) What is the nature of racism? 2) What is a vision of a just society? and 3) What are the means to enact the vision? Benjamin Mays addresses the pervasiveness of racism and calls for realizing the ideals of the American dream. Malcolm X addresses the role of White people in racism and calls for separation and judgment on racism. Martin Luther King, Jr. addresses the multiple dimensions that racism affects, citing economics and the violation of rights that occurs when something is justified economically. His vision of a just society is integration and a higher set of values. The means to enact this vision are nonviolence and persuasion.
Why do you consider this article to be scholarly? Be sure to identify the source of their authority within your explanation.
This source is from a scholarly journal and the author cited credible sources throughout the article.
How did you find the sources? For example, what key words did you use? How did you narrow your results, etc.)
Clicked on the link above to the library home page. Selected “Find Journal Articles.” Clicked on “Christian Studies” under “Find Databases by Subject.” Selected “ATLA Religion Database with ATLASerials.” Also selected “Religion and Philosophy Collection.” Used keywords “Martin Luther King AND (worldview OR religion* OR belief*).”
How is this source relevant to your research paper?
Describes how Martin Luther King, Jr. viewed racism, a just society, and the means for creating a just society.
APA 6th Edition Reference and Citation
Hatch, R. D. (1979). Racism and religion: The contrasting views of Benjamin Mays, Malcolm X, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Journal of Religious Thought, 36(2), 26-36.
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=UNV%20502%20Grand%20Canyon%20All%20Week%20AssignmentsUNV 502 Grand Canyon All Week Assignments,
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=UNV%20502%20GCU%20All%20Week%20AssignmentsUNV 502 GCU All Week Assignments,
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=UNV%20502%20AssignmentUNV 502 Assignment,
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=UNV%20502%20Grand%20CanyonUNV 502 Grand Canyon,
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=UNV%20502%20GCUUNV 502 GCU,
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=UNV502UNV502late, create a document that reflects a properly formatted APA annotated bibliography.
Hatch, R. D. (1979). Racism and religion: The contrastin