What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: GSCM 520 DeVry Week 6 Case Study
Select a size
GSCM 520 DeVry Week 6 Case Study
Downloading is very simple, you can download this Course here: http://mindsblow.us/question_des/GSCM520DeVryWeek6CaseStudy/4979
Contact us at: email@example.com
Select one of the following.
Inventory Management at Big10 Sweater
Review the Inventory Management at Big10 Sweater case study on page 395 in the textbook and refer to the questions note
Downloading is very simple, you can download this Course here:
Contact us at:
Review the Inventory Management at Big10 Sweater case study on page 395 in the textbook and refer to the questions noted in Doc Sharing.
Grainger: Reengineering the China/U.S. Supply Chain
Review the Grainger: Reengineering the China/U.S. Supply Chaincase study on page 455 in the textbook and refer to the questions noted in Doc Sharing.
Compose an APA-formatted Word document, no more than three pages in length; please answer each of the questions from the presented case study of your choice.
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page. For instructions on how to use the Dropbox, read these .next.ecollege.com/default/launch.ed?ssoType=DVUHubSSO2&node=184">step-by-step instructions or watch this
Case—Inventory Management at Big10Sweater (p.395)
Please address the following.
· Using the data provided in the text, calculate how much Rhonda and Steve made for taxes last year.
· What was your reasoning behind using the aggregate demand forecasts when determining the size of your order rather than the individual school forecasts? Should you rethink this or is there a sound basis for doing it this way?
· How many sweaters should you order this year? Write down your order by individual school. Document your calculations in your spreadsheet. Calculate this based on the aggregate forecasts and also the forecast by individual school.
· What do you think they could make this year? They are paying for $40,000 and you expect your benefit package addition would be about $1000 per year. Assume that they ordered based on the aggregate forecasts.
· How should the business be developed in the future?
Case—Grainger: Reengineering the China/U.S. Supply Chain (p.457)
· Evaluate the current China/Taiwan logistics costs. Assume a current total volume of 190,000 CBM and that 89% is shipped direct from the supply is plants in containers. Using the data from the case and assume that the supplier-loaded container is 85% full. Assume that consolidation centers are run at each of the four port locations. The consolidation centers only use 40-foot containers and fill them to 96% capacity.
· Assume that it costs $480 to ship a 20-foot container and $600 to ship a 40-foot container. What is the total cost to get the containers to the United States? Do you include U.S. port costs in this part of the analysis?