What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 1 Complete Work
Select a size
PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 1 Discussion 1
What were your thoughts and expectations when you first heard that you needed to take a Critical Thinking course? How do you think you can excel in this class?
PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 1 Discussion 2
Based on your definition of critical thinking, what is the value of critical thinking to you personally, academically, or professionally?
PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 1 Complete Work
Downloading is very simple, You can Download this Course here:
Contact us at:
PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment 1
Persuasive Essay: Topic and Audience Worksheet
If you did not take UNV 104 or if you would like to review the writing concepts introduced in UNV 104, it is suggested that you view a media piece entitled, “The Writing Process,” which is available to support the development of your writing skills.
For this Module, focus on the “Who is the Audience?” section of the media piece.
Part 1: Select a Topic
Choose a topic for your Persuasive Essay from the list below. If you would like to write about a topic that is not on the list, contact your instructor via email to request approval.
· Gun control
· Legalization of marijuana
· Bullying in school
· Drug abuse among teenagers
· Online education
· Banning books (censorship)
· Mandatory military service
· Separation of church and state
· English only in the K-12 classroom
· Charter schools
· Regulation of business (choose a specific focus)
· Same-sex marriage
· Flag burning (does someone have the right to burn the flag of the country who gives them that right?)
· Government-mandated healthcare (citizens are required to purchase private insurance)
· Healthcare paid for by the government
· Death penalty
1) What is the topic for your persuasive essay? Record your topic here.
2) Begin thinking about the different issues included in the topic you have selected, narrow your focus, and take a pro or con position for the subject of your essay. Present a simple statement of your position.
Section II: Identify your Audience
Answer the following questions regarding the audience for your essay.
1) Who do you intend to read your essay?
2) Are there clues in this particular assignment about who your audience is?
3) Do you have more than one audience? If so, how many do you have? List them.
4) What is the appropriate way to address this audience (professional, familial, friendly)?Why?
5) Regarding your topic, what is important to your audience? What is not important to your audience?
The assignment will be graded according to the following criteria:
1) Provides topic.
2) Provides statement of position on topic.
PHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 1 Assignment 2
What Is Critical Thinking
1- Find three sources that discuss critical thinking. Two of these sources may be from the assigned and/or optional readings, but the third must be found through your own research. After you have read the three sources, consider how they define critical thinking.
2- Write your own definition of what you think critical thinking is (250 words).
3- You must include one direct quote, selected from one of your resources. (Note: the quoted material may only make up to 20% of your entire paper, which in this case is 50 words. The remaining 80% of the paper must be your own creative work.)
4- A Reference list that documents the three sources you found (and any other resources you used) is required.
5- Keep the following guidelines in mind:
The articles you found in your research may inform your definition, but your own ideas should be evident. In other words, your process should be:
1- Read some definitions and descriptions of critical thinking.
2- Comprehend or digest the information.
3- Write your own definition of critical thinking. (Note: Do not simply reword the definitions you read. Consider a new way to explain what you understand critical thinking to be.)
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric that can be viewed at the assignment's drop box. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=PHI%20105%20Grand%20Canyon%20Week%201%20Complete%20WorkPHI 105 Grand Canyon Week 1 Complete Work,
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=PHI%20105%20GCU%20Week%201%20CompletePHI 105 GCU Week 1 Complete,
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=PHI%20105%20Week%201PHI 105 Week 1,
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=PHI%20105%20Grand%20CanyonPHI 105 Grand Canyon,
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=PHI%20105%20GCUPHI 105 GCU,
http://dodohelp.com/index.php?route=product/search&tag=PHI105PHI105 the right to burn the flag of the country who gives them that right?)
3- Write your own definition of critical thinking. (Not