What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEETING(2) 20160218
Select a size
The Gadiaga field is located in Thies Region, at 70 KM from Dakar.
The climate is semi tropical characterized by two seasons (Dry and Wet season). The Wet season lasts two to three months (July through September).
The temperature fluctuates between 17 to 25°C from December to April and 27 to 30°C from May to November.
Gas Wells in Gadiaga Field:
14 wells were drilled in Gadiaga lease from 1997 to 2016. Among these wells, some are producing and the others are awaiting work over.
The producing Wells are: GD-2, SA-2, SA-3, SA-3B, SA-4A, and SA-1B
The produced fluids are natural gas, condensate and water.
All of these wells are connected to the Gadiaga Manifold through individual flow lines.
SITP initial (psi)
SITP Current (psi)
Condensate Prod. (bbl/J)
ST7 & ST-8
LC-1 & LC-2
LC-1 & ST-8
Gas Composition: Throughout this area, the gas composition is stable.
The gas produced is made of 96% methane (C1), 3% of C2 and C3; a total of 99% of hydrocarbon,
Condensate and water content are very low, No gas deshydratation process is required, this enables easy transportation of gas system through pipeline systeme.
Processing is therefore very easy and consists of Gas/liquid separation only. We use two phase separators to remove condensate and water. The liquids are stored in separate tanks.
The condensate is sold by trucking the product to the local Refinery (SAR) then selling at the current crude market price.
The heat value of our gas is very high: 8 844 KCal/Kg. This is very close to the heat value of liquid hydrocarbon.
Very important: Our gas does not have any unsuitable contaminants like H2S.
For the transportation of natural gas, we utilize a 4 inch fiberglass pipeline between Gadiaga and Kabor. The total distance of this line is 34 km.
Between Kabor and Sococim, there are 2 pipelines. These are 2 7/8 inch steel and 6 inch fibreglass respectively.
The distance between Kabor and Sococim is ~ 3km.
There is also a 10 km branch line of 6’’ steel pipe connecting the Kabor Facility to a government operated power plant in Cap des biches. The branch line is currently idle.
Field gas compressors
The combined association of Fortesa International and Petrosen utilize 3 gas compressor units.
The first compressor is an Ariel compressor with a capacity of 30 000 Nm3/D (1.12 MMscf/D). These compressor are used to boost the low pressure wells to produce efficiently into the field export gas line (sales).
The second compressor is a Worthingthon model with a capacity of 20 000 to 30 000 Nm3D. Presently, it is used for intermittent gas lift operations for wells should it be required due to water loading problems.
We have acquired a third compressor which has the characteristic similar to the first one.
Enclosed Mechanics and welding shops.
Self Contained Gas fire Power Generation but public power grid available.
Privately owned water well for the drilling operation and water supply for local community.
Company furnished transportation- bus route for day workers living in outlying villages.
In-House infirmary on site for emergency medical care.
On-Site Offices and kitchen / dining Area
Portable Gas Storage Trailer, In-House Capability
Experienced welding and structural fabrication crew in-house
Experienced cement masons / builders in-house
Experienced Crane and Forklift capabilities in-house
Cement pumping and Hydro-testing capability , internal and for contract hire.
FORTESA OPERATION IN SENEGAL
Our operation is a successful one because:
It is safe: Since we started in October 2002, we did not experience any incident( Failure, Blowout, Leaks, Fire).
We experienced just 1 accident( broken leg) in 14 years.
We have good people: well trained, safe and loyal to the company.
We have within the company almost all required experience and expertise how ever we are able to source outside in any instance where we may feel it is needed.
This insures our operation runs both safely and efficiently: i.e. cost effective.
Our people are proud to contribute to the well being of the company and the resources of the Nation.
We have also a wireline logging unit and experience operator
SAFE, PRODUCTIVE AND PROUD.
the Gadiaga Manifold through individual flow lines.
It is safe: Since we started in October 2002, we di