What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: 5.4 Synthetic and long division november 29 2016
Select a size
Get out a sheet of paper. Put your name on it.
1) Write the vertex form of the quadratic equation.
2) The given vertex is (-3, 2) what is the Axis of Symmetry?
3) Solve for perpendicular slope given 2 ordered pairs: (-1, -2) and (5, 3).
4) Estimate the total purchase of $1.59 and $.76
5) Solve for b: A = ½ bh
6) Draw a picture of 2 2/3 two different ways
Algebra 4 5.4 Polynomials Dividing Polynomials
Today is: Tuesday
November 29, 2016
Solve Polynomials: (roots/”zeros”)
Sum/Difference of cubes
Polynomials have a standard form
Polynomial equations and graphs have specific characteristics
Polynomial Equations can be solved many ways
Why? Polynomial functions are used in Physics and Engineering, and 3-D like volume.
Division written 3 ways:
1) Synthetic Division:
2) Synthetic division: …with remainders
2) Synthetic Division:
2) Show me!
3) Synthetic Division: ….with missing terms
4) Application: page 306
The information below is the volume of a box, with the width given as x+5 inches. Find the length and height of the box.
If the width (x+5)=15 inches…. Use the value of x to find the length and height.
5) Using synthetic division to solve the polynomial…..NO OPPOSITES HERE!!!!
5) Show me…..NO OPPOSITES HERE!!!!
#2-5, 17, 27, 29, 35, 39, 41, 68, 82
Challenge: #42, 63-65
Quiz 5.3/5.4 next class (Thursday)