What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: T&F (psych)
Select a size
III- Read each statement and circle the letter (T) if the statement is true, and the letter (F) if it is false (score= 40)
1. Hallucination and delusion are both disorders of the perception
T – F
2. Give lithium with meals to avoid GIT disturbances
3. An illusion is false perceptual experience occurring in response to an environmental stimulus.
4. Attention – Deficit hyper activity Disorders start after 7 years age
5. Maintain a high fluid intake is the most important for a patient taking lithium carbonate
6. In minor tranquilizer there is a risk of dependence.
7. The fixed belief concerning the presence of disease or abnormality is some part of the body is called nihilistic delusion.
8. Lability mood is characterized by being elevated and irritable.
9. Denial is an escape mechanism which allows the individual to move away from the unpleasant reality as if it did not exist
10. Rumination involves eating substances without nutritional value.
11. To help a patient with delusions, the nurse should agree with him in order to gain his confidence.
12. Drug addiction and habituation to drug are two synonymous words.
13. In drug addiction, unconscious self destructive motives are present.
14. Antisocial personality disorder is the excessive, emotionality and attention seeking behavior
15.The most likely symptoms of avoidant personality is feelings of inadequacy and hypersensitivity
16. Aggressive patient needs an environment with different stimuli
17. To help a depressed patient, the nurse should put him with a large group of patient
18. Bring patient to reality means arguing with him until he is convinced
19. Care of the schizophrenic patient requires a judgmental approach by the nurse
20. The principle of acceptance should be applied with all patients.
Anxiety disorders may be caused by physical condition such as hyperglycemia
Community mental health service is based on the concept of prevention
The main purpose of day hospitals are enhances early seeking of reatment
The children of alcoholic parents are at high risk for developing drug
Addiction and steroid are two words having the same meaning
Tolerance is a tendency to increase the dose of drug to get the desired effect
Depressed respiration and cardiac dysrhythmia are toxicity symptoms with hallucinogens
Barbiturates used for treatment of insomnia and minor anxiety
Fatal side effects from the neuroleptics (Anti psychotic) are rare
“ Crisis state “ is an illness that destroys the adaptation mechanisms
Maturational crisis arises from an external rather than an internal source
Word salad means the patient may employ completely new words
In old age the onset of Alzheimer’s disease is insidious and gradual
Hypochondrical symptoms are common in depressed elderly
In early stage of Alzheimer the patient become extremely dependant
Care of the schizophrenic patient requires a judgmental approach by the nurse