What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: Johnson, Resume 2017
Select a size
JOSHUA JAMES JOHNSON
Solutions-focused, versatile management professional offering a comprehensive background supporting U.S. military operations in roles of increasing responsibility during a eight year career in the United States Marine Corps. Effective communicator who quickly masters new roles and technologies to achieve positive results.
Sales-Minded, strong customer service skills, critical thinking, the ability to analyze and interpret data to influence daily operations, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task while ensuring that the quality of the services I render does not decline
Inventory management, embarkation and logistics, procurement specialist, customer service, creative solutions, organizational management, process improvement, sales, small unit leadership
The Legendary Service Award
nominated for demonstrating Legendary Service in the performance of responsibilities
Top Retail Sales Performer- 1,009 sold products and services during the 1st quarter
Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal- for adroitly managing a forward deployed Regimental Combat Team, consisting of 1500 Marines, enabling task intensive mission accomplishment
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor/Breakfast/Weekend Manager on Duty
Hampton Inn - Belton, MO - September 2015 to Present
RECOMMENDATIONS AND CHARACTER REFERENCES
“What wonderful hospitality Josh displayed toward us. In my years of travel, let alone being a travel agent, has anyone ever been so awesome. You are very blessed to have him as a part of your team.”
- Guest at the Hampton Inn, 03/13/2016
“If only all hotels could have a Josh. He rolled out the red carpet to make us feel welcome, so Hampton will have my business on hotel stays around the world.”
- JoAnn Yocheit, guest at the Hampton Inn
“Josh has such an amazing spirit. Loved the way I was treated. It was as if I was his family and just got home, walking into love. Beautiful personality. Beautiful person. Thanks for your respect”
- Dorothy White, guest at the Hampton Inn
“While waiting to ask him who delivered food, I watched him go the extra mile checking to see where someone’s reservation was at another Hampton. Then he was multitasking, answering the phone, taking a reservation from a guest at the desk, and giving us phone numbers to places we could order food.”
- Marc Sutcliffe, guest at the Hampton Inn
“Josh made us feel like we were family, not just another number.”
-Daniel, Tiffanie and Chase Frosthouse, guests at the Hampton Inn
• Represent the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay.
• Determine a guest's reservation status and identify how long the guest will stay.
• Helps guests complete registration cards and then assigns rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible.
Verify the guest's method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures. Place guest and room information in the appropriate front desk racks and communicate this information to the appropriate hotel personnel.
Work closely with the housekeeping department in keeping room status reports up to date and coordinate requests for maintenance and repair work.
Present options and alternatives to guests and offer assistance in making choices. Know the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property. Perform cashiering tasks like bill / invoice settlement, posting charges to the guest, paid out’s, foreign currency exchange etc.
Register guests and assigns rooms. Accommodates special requests whenever possible.
Assist in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
Thoroughly understand and adhere to proper credit, check- cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
Understand room status and room status tracking.
Know room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all checkouts, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
Possess a working knowledge of the reservations department. Take same day reservations and future reservations when necessary.
Process guest check-outs.
Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
• Quickly took the initiative to learn each position within the organization. I have been identified by my General Manager as a valuable asset that can be utilized to improve guest satisfaction scores through my ability to anticipate obstacles, and overcoming those obstacles by utilizing creative, cost effective solutions that leave guests feeling satisfied.
• Strong customer service skills, critical thinking, the ability to analyze and interpret data to influence daily operations, attention to detail, the ability to multi-task while ensuring that the quality of the services provided remains exceptional.
Data Entry Clerk
GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES HEALTH ASSOCIATION (GEHA) - Independence, MO - November 2013 to March 2014
• Responsible for entering data from submitted claim forms such as HCFA 1500, UB92, dental and correspondence into the FormWorks system using templates for each type of document.
Enter claim document information into FormWorks system from both office and telecommuting environments including, but not limited to, member information, ICD-9 diagnosis, CPT-4 information, assignment and charges incurred. Utilize member look up to determine correct patient information and correct FTIN with suffix for the billing provider.
Averaged 14,500 KPH, 5,500 keystrokes over the required 9,000 KPH minimum.
Personal Banker / Teller / Bookkeeping
CENTRAL BANK & TRUST COMPANY- June 2008 to March 2013
“Josh is a very energetic, and knowledgeable person to work with. He knows his products, and greets customers with a smile. I can always count on him to help me with any questions I may have on the retail banking side, and he is always willing to learn more regarding the consumer lending side of banking. I would recommend Josh for any position.”
-Stacey Mitchell - Consumer Loan Officer, Metcalf Bank
“Josh was always available to help my commercial customers as needed with all of their retail banking needs.
He is very knowledgeable.”
-Brett Hunter - Assistant Vice President of Commercial Lending, Metcalf Bank
Implemented Advanced Telemarketing and Building Customer Relations training to effectively match financial products and services to customer needs, contributing to quarterly deposit growth
Marketed products and services to prospective customers and opened new account relationships In accordance with 14 Legendary Service Standards
Improved branch performance by implementing innovative and creative concepts to increase productivity, reduce stress and enhance team moral
Inventoried, requested, and maintained supplies, to include making equipment service calls
Performed monthly audits of the safe deposit box keys, gift cards, automatic debit card machine, coin machine, cash recycling machine, and vault
Led daily employee huddle and cross trained other employees on various product knowledge, policies, and procedures
Closed a variety of different loans, and opened various accounts for the commercial and personal lending departments
Utilized the Customer Needs Assessment to document customer demographics, in order to ensure the most productivity can be achieved
Handled a large volume of transactions accurately and efficiently, 38% of all branch transactions
Addressed variety of customer needs and problems
Maintained accurate cash teller drawer, proving 90%
Continuously exceeded monthly sales goals
Balanced customer account reports
Allocated and adjust fees and refunds
Tracked and monitored checks, deposits, and domestic and international wire transfers
US Marine Corps, August 2005 – July 2013
“Josh, who was Corporal Johnson at the time we worked together, was a key player for me as the Logistics Officer in charge of coordinating and supervising all support for the unit. His primary responsibility was to safely manage our ammunition, but because of his demonstrated ability to solve problems and implement solutions to those problems, I relied on him heavily for a variety of issues.
He very quickly established himself as someone who could be trusted to evaluate a problem, recommend a solution and execute the decision. A true team player and highly intelligent, I'd want Josh on my team regardless of the mission.”
-Joseph McHugh – Logistics Officer, U.S. Marine Corps, Joe McHugh for State Representative
"Sgt Johnson has been a solid member of the S-4 section. He performs his duties in an exemplary manner by taking challenges from his superiors and performs at a high level. He has the MOS proficiency that is above his peers.
- Major Daniel Zonevetch, Logistics Officer, 24th Marine Regiment
"Sgt Johnson is aggressive, forward thinking and actively engaged in all aspects of ammo management and policies. Sgt Johnson is enthusiastically recommended for promotion to Staff Sergeant"
- Lieutenant Colonel Anthony C. Erickson, Company Commander, 24th Marine Regiment
Operation Iraqi Freedom, Ramadi, Iraq - P Battery 5th Battalion 14th Marines,
October 2007- April 2008
• Ensured all 12 vehicles of our convoy security detail were adequately stocked with serviceable ammunition, prior to every mission, for the entire deployment.
• Served as a vehicle driver and SAW operator during the entire deployment while properly performing my primary duties as an Ammunition Technician
Task Force, Military Police
• Conducted daily door-to-door searches and foot patrols while my squad was attached to an Army Special Forces Unit tasked with gathering intelligence on a daily basis for a two month period during the troop surge, as part of Operation Phantom Phoenix
LF CARAT- USS Tortuga, Japan, Thailand, Brunei, South Korea, Indonesia, Cambodia,
February 2010 - August 2010
• Responsible for maintaining 200 government rooms and keys spread across 8 buildings in Japan for 400 Marines and Sailors
• Assisted in the procurement of personnel and equipment from 14 states to Japan, and to six countries from Japan over a six month period
• Assisted in the embarkation of personnel and equipment to their respective units while maintaining 100% accountability.
• Maintained and controlled various grades of Naval and Marine Corps munitions
•Responsible for the embarkation of ammunition to requesting units
• Constructed and disassembled ammunition supply points
• Maintained accountability for approximately $500,000 worth of ammunition and explosives in Iraq and Asia
• Submitted multiple ammunition requests in TAMIS for six different countries throughout Southeast Asia.
• Accurately calculated figures such as Net Explosive Weight and created an Excel spreadsheet template to organize ammunition by DODIC, net explosive weight, hazard class, compatibility group, and individual unit cost that allowed for the simple dissemination of required information to multiple embassies in six countries throughout Southeast Asia.
• Maintained, assigned, and accounted for billeting for over 300 Marines and Sailors and approximately 200 rooms and keys with 100% accountability throughout six countries and a naval ship while deployed in support of LF CARAT
JAVELIN THRUST, Bridgeport, CA and Sierra Nevada
July 2011 – September 2011
• Supervised and managed a platoon of 30 Marines on a daily basis, which included creating and maintaining individual reviews and ensuring tasks given to me by my superiors were completed by successfully delegating responsibilities in an effective manner while performing my duties as Ammunition Chief
• Mentored 30 Marines regarding various job duties and conducted weekly performance reviews, as well as recommending individuals for performance based awards
Regimental Ammunition Chief
• Successfully issued and maintained ammunition for multiple units comprised of approximately 5000 Marines and Sailors during one of the Marine Corp’s largest exercises as part of Javelin Thrust and the Mountain Warfare Training Center.
• Identified and fulfilled all logistical requirements for the proper storage, shipment and turn-in of ammunition while conforming to Marine Corps and Army ammunition handling regulations, which resulted in over 50 successful live fire ranges conducted on schedule, ensuring optimal training was received.
• Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal- for adroitly managing a forward deployed Regimental Combat Team, consisting of 1500 Marines, enabling task intensive mission accomplishment
Provided support and supervised supporting roles for logistical operations that resulted in the sustainment of over 1500 marines forward deployed in austere field conditions during the Marine Corps largest exercise
• CERTIFICATE OF COMMENDATION (INDIVIDUAL AWARD) 2009/05/16
• MERITORIOUS MAST 2010/08/01
• MERITORIOUS MAST 2008/04/15
• NAVY AND MARINE CORPS ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL 2011/07/29 recognized for adroitly managing a forward deployed Regimental Combat Team, consisting of 1500 Marines, enabling task intensive mission accomplishment
Service Medals and Badges
• IRAQ CAMPAIGN MEDAL 2007/11/20
• SEA SERVICE DEPLOYMENT RIBBON 2010/06/28
• SEA SERVICE DEPLOYMENT RIBBON 2007/12/29
• ARMED FORCES RESERVE MEDAL 2010/06/17 'M' DEVICE
• ARMED FORCES RESERVE MEDAL 2008/06/03 'M' DEVICE
• GLOBAL WAR ON TERRORISM SERVICE MEDAL 2007/07/04
• NAVY AND MARINE CORPS ACHIEVEMENT MEDAL 2011/07/29
• SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE MEDAL 2011/08/01
• SELECTED MARINE CORPS RESERVE MEDAL 2008/07/31
• KOREAN DEFENSE SERVICE MEDAL 2010/07/26
• NATIONAL DEFENSE SERVICE MEDAL 2005/06/06
• EXPERT RIFLEMAN BADGE 3RD AWARD 2009/09/12
• SHARPSHOOTER PISTOL BADGE 2007/11
BS in Human Resources Management
National American University
2008 to Present
Advanced Telemarketing Solutions
Metcalf Bank - Lees Summit, MO
2013 to 2013
Sergeants Leadership Course
Marine Corps Institute - Kansas City, MO
2009 to 2009
Counseling for Marines
2008 to 2008
Ammunition and Explosives Ordinance Disposal School
Redstone Arsenal, AL 2006 to 2006
Odessa High School
2001 to 2005
• A2 DRIVER AWARENESS (ALIVE AT 25, AAA-DIP, ETC) 2006-04-20
• AB ANTI-TERRORIST ANNUAL TRAINING DATE 2010-04-16
• AF SEXUAL HEALTH (STI/HIV) TRAINING (SF) 2008-04-24
• AG GAS CHAMBER 2010-09-12
• AH DRUG LECTURE 2010-02-06
• AJ SECURITY LECTURE 2009-08-10
• AK RISK MANAGEMENT 2011-03-06
• AL BASIC ANNUAL LEADERSHIP TRAINING 2005-10-01
• AN INFORMATION ASSURANCE AWARENESS TRAINING 2010-02-17
• AO ANNUAL OPSEC TRAINING 2010-04-16
• AP CODE OF CONDUCT TRAINING 2010-02-06
• AQ ANNUAL MILITARY EO TRAINING (MEO) 2010-11-05
• AR ANNUAL SEXUAL HARASSMENT TRAINING 2010-04-16
• AT SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE ANNUAL TRAINING 2008-04-24
• AU SUICIDE AWARENESS TRAINING (SF) 2011-03-06
• AV ALCOHOL AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE PREVENTION AND CONTROL TRNG (SF) 2010-02-06
• AW WARRIOR PREPARATION BRIEF 2007-08-12
• AX WARRIOR TRANSITION BRIEF 2010-08-09
• AY WARRIOR TRANSITION II BRIEF 2010-08-09
• BA PRE DEPLOYMENT HEALTH ASSESSMENT 2007-08-12
• BB POST DEPLOYMENT HEALTH ASSESSMENT 2008-04-24
• BH STRESS MANAGEMENT TRAINING (SF) 2008-04-24
• TP COMBATING TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS 2010-04-16
• D3 DADT TIER 3 - SERVICE MEMBER TRAINING 2011-04-02
• PS NCO II SUICIDE PREVENTION COURSE 2009-11-16
Secret Security Clearance
February 2005 to Present
Security Investigation Completed on 2005/02/14
Typing: 81 words per minute
Data Entry: 15000 keystrokes per hour
• Microsoft Word • Excel • Access • PowerPoint, • One Note • Outlook, • Lync • TREEV, • Blue zone • Encore teller and new account platforms • Document Direct • Net Query • 10 Key • Coin Counter • Instant Issue debit card machines • CRM, • OnQ • SALT the Mountain Warfare Training Center.