What email address or phone number would you like to use to sign in to Docs.com?
If you already have an account that you use with Office or other Microsoft services, enter it here.
Or sign in with:
Signing in allows you to download and like content, and it provides the authors analytical data about your interactions with their content.
Embed code for: Nov 14 -15
Select a size
Respond to this panel by
Critically analyzing the meaning of what the herbalist's wife is saying,
Reflecting on how the statement applies to life.
3. Connecting the statement to culture.
Vocab 2 Quiz on Wednesday
Vocab 3 due Next Tuesday (11/22)
Vocab 2 Quiz on Thursday
Vocab 3 due Monday after break (11/28).
ABC, Research in Lab, Comic Book Assignment
Vocab 3 Quiz, ABC, Bibliography Draft Due
Finish ABC, In-Class work day for Comic Project
Agenda for next few weeks..
Vocab Activity, Achieve3000, Undesirable Article
Vocab Quiz, ABC, Slurs
ABC, Thank You letters, Introduce Research Project
Introducing PLOT DIAGRAM
Review from last unit.
People will be chosen every class to fill in the plot diagrams for Monkey King, Jin Wang, or The Chin-Kee Show.
At end of book, will serve as formative assessment for every student.
You are responsible for fulfilling your part only.
Achieve3000 and Cultural Connections
Go to Portal.Achieve3000.com and log in
Search " The Native American Way of Life" - 2 page article
As you read, use the highlighting tool to mark any moments that identify cultural aspects that are shared by Native Americans.
Finish through the Thought Question
Myers Briggs Test Go To: h
In your pods, answer:
Bonus: You do not have to answer. Candy to the groups who give a well thought out answer
What was the makeup of your group (25% INTP, 50% ENFJ, 25% ENFP)?
How realistically does your given personality represent you?
Do any of your podmates' personality types represent you as well?
4. How reliable do you think this test is?
5. Why do you think I asked you to take this test?
6. How can this test relate to culture?
1. Blank Side = Term; Lined Side = Definition
2. Gather in the center of the room and find partner. When you have a partner, move towards wall.
4. Decide which partner will go first. 1st person will say the definition OR term, not both. The second person will have to respond with the definition to the term, or the term of the definition.
5. After both partners have gone, switch cards and go back to the middle of the room to find another partner.
Quiz – Quiz – Trade, Vocab Review!
"How I Learned to Feel Undesirable"
1. Answer the "Before Reading" questions
- What is the purpose behind #4?
2. As you read, keep in mind this is one person's experience. Be respectful of his outlook. Are there moments you connect with?
3. After reading, begin answering the "After Reading" questions. When everyone has finished reading, we will discuss together.